macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jordan2102
    Legacy Instruments
    I'm following the art of edm tutorial but have been brought to a halt because in the tutorial a legacy instrument is used from the EXS24 Sampler and for some reason legacy instrument is not showing up in my Logic when I have downloaded all content. I do not have any other Logic software on my computer from before Pro X either. Thanks, Jordan.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Legacy Instruments
    Hi Jordan, I have Logic 9 installed still, so I'm not 100% certain whether you'll have access to all legacy content, but you should... Open Logic and go to: Logic Pro X > Download Additional Content Then make sure "Legacy and Compatibility" is checked and choose to Install it. (This might take a while) Hope this helps R
  • Jordan2102
    I have already downloaded and installed all of the additional content twice to see if that would solve the issue but that didn't work. I'm lost as to why I don't have them, maybe I need some content from a previous version of logic I'm not sure.
  • lectric
    Re: Re: Re: Legacy Instruments
    I had the same problem. The Legacy content you're looking for is on the Logic 9 install disks, and is apparently not installed by default. To avoid the quagmire of installing an older version over a newer one, I used Pacifist. Here's how: 1. Download and install Pacifist from Charlessoft dot com. 2. Get all your Logic 9 disks ready, and open the Logic Studio Install disk in Pacifist by dragging the Logic Install disk onto the Pacifist window. (You will need to insert all the Logic disks to open the complete package.) 3. in Pacifist, search "legacy". This gave me 5 results: Legacy Bass Guitar, 10 Legacy Instruments, 04 Logic Legacy Kits, 12 Legacy Instruments, and 06 Legacy Spaces. The Pacifist browser window shows the file paths. 4. In the Pacifist browser, right-click (or control-click) on the folder, and choose "Extract to Custom Location...", and extract to the corresponding location on your hard drive: Legacy bass guitar (channel strip presets): /Library/Application Support/Logic/Channel Strip Settings/Track/04 Bass Guitar/Legacy Bass Guitar/ EXS samples: /Library/Application Support/Logic/EXS Factory Samples/10 Legacy Instruments/ Ultrabeat kits: /Library/Application Support/Logic/Plug-In Settings/Ultrabeat/04 Logic Legacy Kits/ EXS presets: /Library/Application Support/Logic/Sampler Instruments/12 Legacy Instruments/ /Library/Audio/Impulse Responses/Apple/06 Legacy Spaces That should be all you need to add the Legacy content, without doing a full install. The EXS stuff is presets and samples, so you need to add both the EXS Factory Samples/10 Legacy Instruments AND the Sampler Instruments/12 Legacy Instruments. The others can be added modularly, or not. Note that the Space Designer legacy stuff is IR's, so you would need to load IR, rather than load preset; there doesn't seem to be any preset list corresponding to these IR's. Also, I only tested this a little bit on the Ultrabeat stuff, but the samples seem to be present in the existing installation. Also, keep in mind that this is just a tutorial. If you don't have the exact sound, use a similar one or create your own, and make it as close to the one you hear in the tutorial -- which is what the tutorial is about anyway! :)
  • GaryHiebner
    Try download the installer from this link and see if it helps. Its the pkg installer for the Logic Legacy Instruments: [url]http://audiocontentdownload.apple.com/lp10_ms3_content_2013/MAContent10_Logic9Legacy.pkg [/url]
  • pcurrie192
    I realise this is an old thread but like myself I am stuck at the same tutorial in the art of edm. Tried multiple ways to get my hands on the legacy instruments but to no avail. Just downloaded your link Gary and installed but it doesnt appear to have worked. I got Logic from the app store and I believe that what I am after came with older versions of logic. Is there anyway I can download the legacy instruments folder and add it to my library/application support/logic/exs factory samples folder manually? I have also downloaded all additional content but still nothing. Cheers for any help!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: