macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Cefnfaes
    Logic Pro 9.1.8 now almost unusable.
    Hi Rounik - hope I find you in good form ! Logic 9 is very slow in OS 10.9.3. It's so slow, that it's almost impossible to do anything without exerting a considerable strain on my central nervous system. Every little edit, even just moving the window from one screen to another, takes an age. My computer is fast on all other applications, and whilst I'm not sure, I think the change in speed with Logic may have been since the last update in my operating system. I'm running VSL within Logic, and have quite a lot of RAM (22GB on this 2x2.8 GHz Quad-core Intel Xeon). Could it be that the only solution to this is to upgrade to Logic 10? Best wishes Cefnfaes
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic Pro 9.1.8 now almost unusable.
    Hi Cefnfaes, :) I'm pretty much exclusively using LPX these days on latest Mac OS. If you decide to install LPX you can still use LP9 as the installation does not overwrite it ;-) Have you tried any Mac optimisation tricks (repair permissions, restart using a new user account, etc)? :)
  • Christian L
    Also make sure you are running Logic Pro 9 in 64-bit mode to take advantage of the 22 GB of RAM you have installed, which is very important if you are using memory hungry plug-ins like VSL. 1. Quit Logic 2. Select the Logic Pro 9 icon in the Finder 3. Press Command-i 4. Make sure that Open in 32-bit mode is not checked in the Info window 5. Restart Logic :)
  • Cefnfaes
    Rounik and Christian - thank you very much, both of you. Together you have transformed Logic 9 into something quite marvellous once again ! I thought I'd done a permission repair only recently, but in any case, on receipt of your suggestion Rounik, I started by doing another, and immediately there was some improvement. Then the next great idea - 64 bit - for Heaven's sake, how could I not have known that my Logic has been running in 34 bit, whilst my other software - VSL and Ivory Pianos, are both in 64 bit ? Now Logic really is going well. What a relief ! Thanks again. Best wishes Cefnfaes
  • Christian L
    Hi Cefnfaes, I'm glad to hear we were able to help! Come back to the forums if you have any more questions. :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: