macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Nitygua
    Logic X drumkits
    In the tutorial Introduction to the Drum Kits, when he shows the drum kits, he turns off the processing, and then opens the kit and pulls down the menu for the selected kit (Brooklyn Kit) and there are various factory default settings available such as Birch Kit etc. that I can't find in my version of Logic X. Also in a later video Choosing A Snare, there is access to all the snares available in Logic, not just the 3 that are part of the kit. And there are also more options for editing those snares. I cannot find those options in my version. Has this changed since the videos were made?
  • Christian L
    Re: Re: Re: Logic X drumkits
    Hi John, To get access to more snares and the Birch kit, etc. presets, you have to use the Producer Kits instead: 1. Select your Drum track 2. Make sure you see the Library (default key command to show/hide the Library is Y) 3. At the bottom of the Library, click on Producer Kits 4. Load up a kit 5. The Producer Kit will be in a Track Stack, so make sure the Track Stack is open and select one of the track if you want to edit the Kit. You should now see the Birch kit, Classic Sixties, etc. factory default and you will be able to access more snares. I hope it helps!
  • Nitygua
    Re: Re: Logic X drumkits
    Thanks for responding Christian! At first I couldn't find Producer Kits at the bottom but then after poking around a bit I checked to see if there was any of Logic X to still download and sure enough, under the Logic Pro X menu I found Download Additional Content and found Drummer was the only thing not fully downloaded. While I do have Producer Kits now, I don't have Birch Kit or Sixties Classic and they all have a + sign after them and I'm not able to open the drum kit in the same way as the other kits. I can open the stack but I can't open the window with the drum kit...
  • Nitygua
    Re: Logic X drumkits
    I finally have it! In the plug-ins for Drummer, use the pull down menu of Drum Kit, select Drum Kit Designer, and then select Multi Output. Then the kits that are in the video are available. This took a lot of searching and I finally found it on an Apple forum site. Many people have found this confusing. It took me quite a while to get there....but Whew!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: