macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rolekay
    Score editor
    I am working logic X OS X 10.9.4. Is there a video on configuring your song for repeating verses, adding 1st and 2nd verses on the same staff, adding 1st and 2nd endings, and condensing rest measures. I purchased the score editor tutorial which was great but doesn't cover this. Thanks Dave
  • Christian L
    Re: Score editor
    Hi Dave, Could you send us a screenshot of the score so we can understand the problem better? To take a screenshot on your Mac, press Command-Shift-4 and select and area. The file will be saved on your desktop. Use the "Add Image" button to upload the picture. Thanks! Christian
  • Rolekay
    [url=http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/files/mpv_44414_249501_Screen_Shot_2014-08-06_at_10.41.20_PM.png] [img]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/thumbnails/mpv_44414_249501_Screen_Shot_2014-08-06_at_10.41.20_PM.png[/img] [/url] Hopefully this iwll work.....thanks.
  • Rolekay
    I have been trying to get answers on this on different post for almost 2 months now. Is there a phone number i can call or can I arrange for some help at a Mac store.......thanks. Dave
  • Peter Schwartz
    Hi Dave, Is the problem that you want to get the lyrics to appear more nicely aligned when you have two lines of lyrics?
  • Rolekay
    Hi peter, Yes. I need the words to align with the notes like the first verse. If you look at 15 on the chart example 9/6 above, you will see how they start randomly spreading. Thanks....Dave
  • Peter Schwartz
    For some reason I didn't get a notification of your reply. Anyhoo... There are two key commands that are useful for aligning lyrics (and symbols, BTW): align vertically and align horizontally. They kind of perform the opposite functions from what you might expect, but basically they work like this: To align words in a straight line, like those in this sentence, select the words and use align [b]vertically[/b]. To align words one over the other *on the same beat*, select both words and use align [b]horizontally[/b]. Hope that helps, Peter
  • Rolekay
    I can and have aligned horizonally both with the text tool on text and the pencil tool in lyrics. The problem is when I go to the next stanza to continue the lyrics, all the lyrics I have aligned immediately move to the next stanza over the first verses lyrics. is Macprovideo part of the regular Mac store where it could make an appointment and work with someone on this, or do you have an app that allows you to go on my computer to see what I am talking about.......I'm getting desparate. I have 10 songs to provide lyrics to. Thanks, Dave
  • Peter Schwartz
    Re: Re: Score editor
    Last things first... MacProVideo isn't associated with the Mac Store. And in my experience, Mac Store personnel generally know very little about how to run Logic, let alone the score editor. Next... I suspect that the behavior you're describing of the second stanza's lyrics moving around is because you entered those lyrics as text and not lyrics. Could that be the case?
  • Peter Schwartz
    Below is an example of three lines of lyrics. I entered the first line in the score below the notes, as usual. However, to enter the second and third lines, I found it easier/most predictable to enter the lyrics (one line at a time) above the score, and then move them into place by selecting the lyrics, grabbing them, and dragging them down to where I wanted them. To be continued... [url=http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/files/mpv_44521_24651_Screen_Shot_2014-09-13_at_9.39.24_PM.png] [img]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/thumbnails/mpv_44521_24651_Screen_Shot_2014-09-13_at_9.39.24_PM.png[/img] [/url]
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: