macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Musicspirit
    How do you change Logic Pitch but not Tempo?
    I have an aiff in Bb imported to the Arrange page. I need to up it in Pitch to C - Pre listen with the Pitch set +200cents does the job. But I cannot seem to get the Tempo to remain the same. Tempo box appears to be set at 120bpm but of course that does not relate to the imported aiff It occurred to me to use 'Detect Tempo' .. which it guesses at 102bpm Putting this figure into Original Tempo and Destination Tempo does not seem to make any difference either. Is this possible in Logic? ( i.e. changing pitch but not Tempo) Or should I be using a dedicated software?
  • Christian L
    Re: Re: Re: How do you change Logic Pitch but not Tempo?
    Hi, There are a few ways to do this in Logic. If the audio was recorded straight in Logic, select the region and make sure that "Follow Tempo" is ticked in the Region Parameters box. You will then be able to change the Transpose parameter to change the pitch without changing the tempo. This will also work for Apple loops. If the audio was not recorded in Logic, you will need to convert it to an Apple Loop first to use this method. You can also use the Pitch > Pitch Shifter plug-in (with the Mix parameter set to 100%), but this will create more audio artifacts. Time and Pitch Machine (in the Audio Editor) will also do the job, but this will edit the audio file destructively... for these reasons, I recommend you use option #1. :) Christian
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: