macProVideo.com
Forums
  • thesteelydane
    Visible score while recording in polyphonic staff style
    I just finished watching Ski's excellent tutorial on the score editor. I'm hoping it can completely replace Sibelius and Notion 5 for me. Being a step entry guy, I'm trying to see if playing in my ideas can speed up my workflow as well as my creativity. However, I've run into a problem: I write string quartet arrangements, and I like to sketch out my ideas on a grand staff, so I've created one with 4 channels. Obviously, I need to look at what's already there when I record a new part, but despite following Ski's advice on opening a separate score editor window, and setting the link mode to off, as soon as I begin to record, it turns grey. I can get it to work if I record my part on a separate track, but that completely defeats the purpose of composing on a grand staff. Is link mode buggy, or is it just not possible to record on a track while keeping what's there visible? I have recording options for overlapping regions set to "join with selected regions", which it is also not doing - at all! I have also been experimenting with "capture as recording" which would work if it would auto join the regions - but again, it doesn't. I've discovered that I can join to overlapping regions directly in the score editor with the glue tool, but that's a cumbersome way of working. How do other people work with polyphonic staff styles? A lot of questions, hope someone can help. Nicolaj P.S: Im on OS X 10.9.5 and Logic 10.0.7
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: