macProVideo.com
Forums
  • thestrokes89
    Piano help and drum help
    Hey I have TWO questions: 1. I am plugging in my electric piano with an amp cord to use logic express and it won't let me use the piano settings. Is there some way someone could explain how to do that? 2. I need to make my own drum loops and the guy at the apple store said he did, but I don't know how. I have messed around with the drums with out much success.
  • Christian L
    Re: Piano help and drum help
    Hi, 1-I'm not sure if I understand correctly. Are you trying to control Logic's synth with your electric piano ? You'll need to connect your piano with a midi cable to be able to control Logic Synths... Do you have a MIDI interface hooked up to your Mac ? 2-A good start would be to try Ultrabeat step-sequencer. Steve H. "Ultrabeat Unleashed" tutorial explains it in great details : http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/ultrabeat
  • thestrokes89
    I dont have a MIDI interface hooked up...hmm...
  • Christian L
    Do you have an audio interface ? Which one ? Many audio interface have a MIDI in/out... If you want to record MIDI data from your electric piano, you'll need to connect a MIDI cable to your MIDI / Audio interface.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: