macProVideo.com
Forums
  • PurduePalace
    Transferring files from an old macbook to a new macbook
    I'm wondering how to make an exact copy of all the songs on my old computer to my new computer so they sound exactly the same. I've tried using migration assistant with no avail. Instruments were missing and every song sounded unlike my original recording. All of my midi files were there (Thank God) but audio files were missing and instruments were "not found". I've realized that I didn't save my projects properly into files on my old macbook pro and so I've re-saved every song into separate folders in the logic folder. Now I still have my old computer with all my songs so what do I do?!! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Note- I also used an older version of garageband from 2009 which is how I got started making music then I bought and now use Logic Studio 9 and have been using it since I would say 2012- I have all the CD's and everything that came with it.
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Transferring files from an old macbook to a new ma...
    The best is probably to go back to your old Macbook, open up each song and then choose save a copy. When you save the copy make sure to tick the: Copy the following files into your project: Audio Files, EXS Instruments and samples and so on. This way the new copy will have the EXS samples and audio files. Might take awhile depending on how many Logic projects you have, but at least you know it has the correct audio files bundled with the project [url=http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/files/mpv_44827_14931_Screen_Shot_2015-01-03_at_1.44.28_PM.png] [img]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/thumbnails/mpv_44827_14931_Screen_Shot_2015-01-03_at_1.44.28_PM.png[/img] [/url]
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: