macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kevaxui
    External Instrument Plugin
    Hi there, I'm trying to record using my Nord Stage 2 via the external instrument plugin in Logic Pro X. I can get it working fine with playback. However, when I bounce the project or turn the Nord off i lose playback on that track. Surely there is a simple way for retaining my audio in the project without the Nord connected???
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: External Instrument Plugin
    Are you recording the audio from your Nord onto a Logic audio track? If not then yes you will lose the audio when you disconnect the Nord. How are you setting up the Nord with the external instrument plugin. Can you add a screenshot of it?
  • Kevaxui
    Re: Re: Re: External Instrument Plugin
    Hey Gary, thanks for your help! I have created a Software Instrument track and then in the inspector I have selected the External Instrument. From the attached photo you will see that I have then selected my Nord as the Midi destination. Midi Channel: All and Input 1-2. Physically I have the Nord connected to my computer via USB and then a left and right channel running into my Focusrite Interface which is also connected to my computer via USB. It all works fine but when I turn the Nord off, unplug it or bounce the project the nord no longer plays back. Surely there is a really simple step I am missing otherwise what would be the point of the external instrument function if it can't be retained? Regards, Rob. [url=http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/files/301536_Screen_Shot_2015-01-20_at_10.08.23_am.png] [img]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/upload/upload/server/php/savedfiles/thumbnails/mpv_44874_301536_Screen_Shot_2015-01-20_at_10.08.23_am.png[/img] [/url]
  • mtec
    Re: Re: External Instrument Plugin
    Think you would have to do a realtime bounce to include the Nord. if i read u right u are recording midi from the Nord into logic. if this is the case then logic then sends the midi info back to your Nord so that it plays. Its not the same as a regular software inst. try a realtime bounce. If you want to record the audio from the Nord track set up a bus on the Nord track .Then on an audio track use that bus as the input then it will record the audio from the Nord. hope this helps mtec
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: