macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Zagytya
    Tutorial Request - Busses and auxes
    I have always had some problems understanding busses and auxes and really knowing when to apply them and actually use them creatively. I have noticed that many others have similar issues too. I think a tutorial on using busses and auxes with live examples on the different types of effects we could create out of them would be a great tutorial topic. Thanks. :)
  • Unplugged!
    Re: Tutorial Request - Busses and auxes
    absolutely! I think, many people will benefit from it. thanks in advance!
  • Fawasyi
    I'm one of them who will benefit from this topic. Yes, busses an auxes!
  • amerikiwi
    same. I want to know if you can send a track to more than one buss at a time. I do this all the time in Pro tools for parallel buss processing.
  • steveH
    Here's my quick explanation: A "bus" in Logic 8 (and in electronics in general) is a "common pathway", not a type of channel as it was in Logic 7. You use a bus to "send" one or more signals along this common pathway to a some kind of destination. Either they can be routed to an auxiliary channel (which happens automatically in L8) for grouping before outputting, or, sent to an auxiliary channel for applying a common effect by inserting that effect as a plugin to the "aux". Or, the bus (common pathway) can be routed to an input channel in order to record all of the signals on the bus as a single audio file. And, in this configuration, these bussed signals will be recorded directly from the bus (common pathway) to the input channel NOT from the output of the aux channel! Yes, an aux channel is created when set up a bus but you don't have to use it. You can delete that aux channel from the environment without affecting the signals on the bus. Or, you can remove the bus from the aux channel's input. Either way, the signals will still remained bussed...
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: