macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Moritz
    Logic 9 output suddenly stops while playing back
    Hey Mac Pro People, I am very desperate right now and hope that you might be able to help me. I am using Logic 9 and an Imac with Logic 10.6.8. I recently entered a remix competition and am currently polishing the last 5% of the mix. However, I ran into a big problem i just can't solve. When I play back the track from the start, I have sound and everything is fine. But right before the chorus there is usually a crackle and then the output stops. Strangely, when I use the built in output (instead of the output of my interface) the sound on my computer is gone as well (no sound when i play back youtube video eg.). As soon as I close Logic, I get sound on Youtube, Soundcloud, etc again. So I am assuming that there is some really weird stuff going on with the hardware drivers. Any wise thoughts on that? I am a total noob with hardware. Your help would be so greatly appreciated! Also, last night I repaired my hard drive, formated it and reinstalled a time machine back up. Problem remains. Thanks a lot in advance and hope you are having a wonderful weekend! Moritz ps. some additional info for troubleshooting analysis: - checked all my channels (even the hidden ones), none of them are on solo. - do not use unregistered plug ins on the output. - Buffer size is 1024 - checked the volume automations on the output channel - When I bounce the track (offline and real time alike), I have sound until the chorus and then the sound suddenly stops. - In the first chorus, after the output has already stopped, the single tracks in the arrangment mixer window still move, only the output fader shows no input at all. When I solo the single tracks, however, I am not able to listen to the signal. - Maybe noteworthy: before this problem arose I would sometimes get a note that the my cpu is overloaded shortly before the chorus ( as the chorus has around 45 tracks in total). So the chorus puts a lot of strain on the cpu
  • GaryHiebner
    Re: Logic 9 output suddenly stops while playing back
    What audio interface are you using with your iMac. have you checked that you have the latest drivers installed for it. Go to the manufacturer's site and download the latest drivers. install those and see if that corrects it.
  • Moritz
    Hey Gary, thanks for taking the time. I am using a Saffire 6 USB. I will definitly try installing new drivers. However, the problem also appears if I use my computers built in audio output. thanks very much though!
  • GaryHiebner
    Very strange. Does it happen in every Logic project, or just this one? Try create a new project and see if it happens in the new project.
  • Moritz
    Hi, just this project. I fixed it a couple of days ago. I think it was a CPU issue. I bounced several tracks to audio files and then it worked again. thanks so much for your advice gary!
  • marv
    [quote=Moritz]Hi, just this project. I fixed it a couple of days ago. I think it was a CPU issue. I bounced several tracks to audio files and then it worked again. thanks so much for your advice gary![/quote][quote=Moritz]Hi, hey man how do u fixed it i got the same problem and its so annoying just this project. I fixed it a couple of days ago. I think it was a CPU issue. I bounced several tracks to audio files and then it worked again. thanks so much for your advice gary![/quote]
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: