macProVideo.com
Forums
  • MorryNYC
    Apple Loops folder could not be created
    Hey hope you're all well. I'm going through the Apple Pro Training Series Logic X textbook, and I'm to a part where I'm supposed to drag a region to the loops area to create an Apple Loop. I do this, and Logic goes through the motions, asking me to put in all the descriptors, but then when I click the CREATE button, I get an error message telling me "Apple Loops folder couldn't be created." And an ABORT button as the only way to clear it. I'm a bit confused. The apple loop folder obviously already exists as I have tons of apple loops, both those that come from Apple and 3rd party loops as well, all still accessible in the loops window. What's going on here? Is this a bug in 10.1 perhaps? (Already repaired permissions and restarted the computer, didn't help). I'd be grateful for any guidance anyone could provide. Best wishes, M
  • mtec
    Re: Apple Loops folder could not be created
    what kind of loop are u trying to drag into the browser? what format is it?
  • MorryNYC
    It's from apple's training manual for Logic X. It's an AIF file, and in the tutorial book it says to drag the region to the apple loops area. It acts like it's going to work, asks me to choose descriptors, i.e. dry or processed, part or fill, etc. But then when I go to click the "create" button, I get the error message.
  • mtec
    i would drag into the project window and do a bounce in place and drag that version in just to c if that works. All works fine here.
  • MorryNYC
    Good thought. But no dice. I bounced in place, and still the same results. Frustrating.
  • mtec
    Hi i just tried the lesson from the training manual and it worked fine here. Are you sure your selecting the correct length of loop with the marquee? from 1.1.1.1 to 5.1.1.1 as apple loops can only be created in even numbers i.e 2 bar 4 bar 8 bar etc. Have you moved your apple loops folder? this could be a problem.The link below will go through the steps of re-indexing the loops and show you where the loops should be found in the system. Hope you get this sorted. Mtec. http://documentation.apple.com/en/logicpro/usermanual/index.html#chapter=30%26section=4%26tasks=true
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: