macProVideo.com
Forums
  • 88keez
    Logic upgrade?
    Hi, I am currently using Logic 9 on an iMac (OS X 10.9.5). I am looking to upgrade to Logic X but am researching to see if I should. Does anyone have an opinion on the Logic X and if it's worth it to upgrade? I am using Maverick right now and am hesitant to update to Yosemite. Will Logic X run well on Maverick? I also am looking to buy a Mac laptop so I can be portable with Logic. I use Kontakt 10 and EZ drummer as well. Does anyone know the minimum requirements I would need on the laptop to run everything smoothly? Can I use the same discs to install Logic and Kontakt on 2 different computers. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • Tihovau
    Re: Re: Logic upgrade?
    I run Logic 10.1 on Mavericks. I used Logic 9 for several years and i'm very happy with X. There was a small learning curve in the transition from 9 to 10 but that of course is per usual. It's my opinion you should definitely upgrade to X. However, I am using a 2013 21.5 iMac that is maxed out to 16 GB of RAM, 1TB fusion drive, and the fastest i7 processor you could get at that time. I write moderately sized musical projects of a wide variety and use a lot of 3rd party plug-ins. I rarely have to freeze tracks unless I use a lot of audio. I do not plan on upgrading to Yosemite any time soon, maybe for the life of this iMac. Hope this answers a few of your questions.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: