macProVideo.com
Forums
  • DrewDesign007
    Reason 4 Lags in Logic Studio
    Ok, I think I've read this somewhere before on the forum but I'm not sure so here goes. So, I've got Reason 4 rewired perfectly in to Logic Studio - created some ready made templates to assist in my workflow and I'm really getting down to the creative aspect vs. the techincal aspect - I'm even working through my macprovideo.com tutorials (big help) and reading, yes READING the manual. I just have one issue - Reason seems to lag behind when listening just at the beginning of the song - it's like the notes trickle in and after about 5 seconds it's all caught up. This is HIGHLY annoying - also there is a delay in the actual tracking, not latency but say for instance I want a synth pad to come in before the begining of the song, it plays back late - you can even see the shortened midi note in the arrange window. To hear all the notes I have to rewind past 1.1.1.1 and give Reason 4 a good 4 seconds to gear up then it's not problem. It even lags in loop mode. Any ideas?
  • Christian L
    Re: Reason 4 Lags in Logic Studio
    Hi again DrewDesign007, Glad to hear that you got your Rewire almost up and running... If you have to rewind before 1.1.1.1, it may be that your MIDI notes are not quantized correctly. If a note starts just a few ticks before 1.1.1.1, it won't make any sound when you start playing your song. You'd have to rewind before 1.1.1.1 to hear them. Look into the Piano Roll and check if you can move the notes so that they starts exactly (or after) 1.1.1.1. You can also use the "Quantize" tool... see videos 87-89 of the logic 8 tutorials for more details on quantization. Anyway, I can be wrong, but i got the feeling that it's not a rewire issue. Try this and please tell me if it works... if not we will investigate the issue a bit more.
  • DrewDesign007
    Thanks for your time Christian - No luck with quantize or manually moving the midi notes right up to 1.1.1.1 In fact the lag shows up when I bounce effecting my final mix - man this is frustrating. I have no idea how to remedy this. I was told on a different forum to trash my prefs for Logic Studio and Reason 4? What do you think?
  • Christian L
    Do you have webspace where you could put your Logic / Reason song and templates ? I could try them on my setup and see what's going on.
  • DrewDesign007
    Christian - if you have access to my login name - that's the e-mail address you can contact me through - I'm not sure how to PM you through this forum. Contact me via that e-mail address and I can send you my Reason 4 - Logic 8 template via FTP for your review. and, hey - thanks man, you're really cool to do this for me. You know come to think of it - maybe Reason's prefs are corrupt, it doesn't save my favorites when auditioning sounds from Logic...mmmm.
  • beatMonk
    yeah i got the same issue man.. it takes the first four beats for some things to start playing. frustrating for sure. anyone figured it out?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: