macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Dagucoe
    Using M Audio USB Audiophile with logic 7.2
    Hi, I have aquired a USB Audiophile unit. I have connected my Mackie mixer to it and have been playing my bass guitar into it. In Garageband i am able to select the input and output i require by going into the Audio settings in garageband and selecting the Audiophile as the input. i have been able to record myself playing my bass in garageband , why can't I in Logic 7.2? Logic 7.2 has found the correct hardware driver(M Audio USB Audiophile) under the Core Audio tab in drivers but after this I am a bit lost as to what other settings i need to configure. Please help. Best wishes, george
  • Kipeweu
    Re: Using M Audio USB Audiophile with logic 7.2
    Hi Dod I try to explain. First be shure your input in the channelstrip is set (I/O). Then click on the REC-Button in the channelstrip. Logic asks you where to save your recording. should work. Hope i could help you. Greets Mitch
  • Dagucoe
    Thanks Mitch, I am now able to record Audio into logic but to hear any playback I have to change my driver in Core Audio to Built in Audio from the USB Audiophile. Is there a way of setting the input as the Audiophile and the output as built in Audio?
  • Kipeweu
    Well, I have a konnekt8 linked per firewire to my macbook and i can only choose either "built in Audio" or my konnekt under "Audio" "Audio Hardware and Drivers". Both don't work. One thing you could do, is to start the "Setup Assistent" ->Logig Pro ->Preferences ->start Logic Setup Assistent.... and then go guided step by step through the Assistent. Hope this helps.
  • Rounik Admin
    hi dod set up an aggregate device in your Audio midi setup in osx (can be found in HD>applications>utilities. that will enable you to use 2 audio interfaces (e.g. the audiophile and the built) at the same time - in essence os x pretends this is one interface. give your aggregate device a name & select i from within logic's core audio preference pane window. thanks rounik
  • Dagucoe
    Thanks Rounik and Mitch, I will try both methods and see what works for me.
  • Christian L
    [quote:7638] set up an aggregate device in your Audio midi setup in osx (can be found in HD>applications>utilities. rounik[/quote] for details on how to setup an aggregate device, see my post in this thread : [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=4581&sid=#4615[/url] ... but why not use your Audiophile output ?
  • Dagucoe
    Thanks Christian, I have actually now setup the Audiophile to use its output. I would like to try setting up an aggregate device anyway to give me that option in the future. Thanks again, Dod.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: