macProVideo.com
Forums
  • innocentpirate
    mono outputs in logic pro 8
    Hi everyone! I'm wondering if it is possible make mono out of each chanel in logic pro 8. I mean not only mono-stereo that you can switch in mixer (if i am switching between mono-stereo out 1-2, i still jave stereo signal on my external mixer) Thank you all!
  • Hizegau
    Re: mono outputs in logic pro 8
    I just had the same problem, I'm trying to setup multiple mono outputs for a surround mix in order to EQ the LFE and I discovered that while you can create mono outputs in the environment, they don't have any inserts even when inserts are checked. If this is a new Logic 8 "feature," is there another way to control the individual outputs of a surround mix before they are sent to the Master control. The tutorial Logic for Video Editors explains how to create mono outputs for surround mixing but it seems only to apply to Logic 7.
  • innocentpirate
    Really?It is no possibility make mono? I also tryed create outputs in environment.. I can not believe, that nobody knowes.
  • steveH
    In Logic 8 you don't need to create all those separate mono output channels to do a surround mix. The NEW master OUTPUT channel in a surround mix IS a surround channel output channel. If you want to EQ any channel independently, including your LFE channel, insert a multi-mono EQ in the the surround channels insert slot, and then select the LFE channel on the EQ and set your roll offs!! All of Logic's applicable plugs - in a surround output channel- are multi-mono... meaniing you can choose to apply them to any of the surround outputs all from the same surround output object.... check it out!
  • innocentpirate
    thank you very much, but i'm speaking not about surround mix. I need create mono out 1 only, whithout logic surround system.
  • steveH
    If ANY of your input channels are stereo then Logic assumes that you want to make a stereo bounce to a stereo output channel and won't let you switch it to mono. If you need to make a mono bounce, switch all of you input channels to mono. Then you'll be able to switch your output channel mono too!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: