macProVideo.com
Forums
  • youngeddie
    Headphone Mix (?)
    Can someone please tell me how to create a headphone mix for the musicians that I'm recording? Is it possible to create individual mixes for each musician? How do you do that? I await your reply. Thanks, Eddie
  • Christian L
    Re: Headphone Mix (?)
    Here's one way to do it: 1-)Click on one send slot. Send it to a Bus you don't use for FX.= (Bus 20 should do it unless you use a lot of busses in your songs). 2-)Click and hold on the blue Bus slot and select "Pre" instead of "post". The slot will turn green. 3-In the I/O section of the Bus Channel Strip, select another set of out (3-4, 5-6, etc). Now just use the Sends (bus 20) to make a good headphone mix.
  • youngeddie
    Thanks Christian! I'll give it a try. Thanks! Eddie
  • youngeddie
    Re: Headphone Mix - Update
    Headphone mix update Hi Christian, I followed your instructions and everything seemed to work fine. I got a 3/4 output to show a signal, but I don't hear anything in the headphones. I missing a step. Can you tell me what that might be? Thanks, Eddie
  • steveH
    You have to set the output of your headphone Aux channel to the outputs on your audio interface that are dedicated to your headphones.... that should do it!
  • youngeddie
    I'm sorry... I'm a little confused. What is a "headphone aux channel"? Is that in the software or is it part of hardware. I know that's probably a dumb question, but I'll have to disassemble my workstation to get the to wires in the back if it's hardware. Thanks, Eddie
  • Christian L
    What is your audio interface ? Where are your headphones connected ?
  • youngeddie
    Hi Christian, I have a Delta 1010 interface. I use a Samson Q5 Headphone amplifier. Hope that helps. Thanks again! Eddie
  • steveH
    Whatever channel's on your audio interface outputs are connected to your headphone amp, those same channels must receive the output from your headphone bus. Those can ne assigned on the bus channel strips in L7 or the aux channel strips in L8.
  • Andre
    But... if we want the SOLO and the MUTE button to work in the same way the FADER > in a PRE FADER way? In a recording session, sometimes we need to solo an instrument in the control room, but not to solo it in the head mix. In the way you suggest, if we do like that, the musician stop to hear the others instruments, doesn't he? Is there a way to put this SOLO and MUTE in a pre fader status?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: