macProVideo.com
Forums
  • entyng
    Converting sustain pedal events to note lengths (and more)
    Hi all, 1) Have anyone tried the "Function > Note Events > Sustain Pedal to Note Length" command in the Piano Roll Editor? When I enable the function some of the repeating notes fail to re-articulate and make sound. Is it because they are too close side by side? 2) I was playing around with the busses and aux channel function and found out that if I buss my MIDI channels (say, a group of strings) into a single audio channel and have that audio channel record the MIDI channels via playback, the sound quality of the recorded strings will degrade comparing to the playback from the original MIDI channels. Is that normal? since the sound never really leaves the computer I wouldn't expect a drop in the recording quality... or maybe I missed a setting or two? 3) Steve and Martin's tutorials didn't really cover that much about the hyper editor (so far i've went thru Logic 101/102/103/105/303) and the event list editing. I scanned through the Apple manual though, and to my impression it looked similar to functions I can achieve through automation - editing different MIDI parameters over time. Is this what they are really designed for to do efficiently? If not what are the major differences between automation vs. event list/hyper editor when applied to the common use context? Oh and I'm currently using 10.5.1 and Logic Pro 8 Hope that is clear! and thanks guys :)
  • entyng
    Re: Converting sustain pedal events to note lengths (and more)
    I just got the answer for the first question: 1) Go into piano roll editor and select Function > Note Events > Note Overlap Correction for Repeated Notes AFTER performing the sustain pedal events to note length operation.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: