macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kipeweu
    CPU-Meter peaks like VU-Meter (Bad Performance)
    I upgraded Tiger to Leopard few weeks ago. The CPU-Meter (Audio) peaks already in a plain vanilla lso. I encreased the Buffer-Settings to get better performance. When i'm playing two pianos on two different Instrument-Tracks at one time it's overload. Is this usually with 10.5? Greets Michi
  • Kristian Sharpe
    Re: CPU-Meter peaks like VU-Meter (Bad Performance)
    People have been warned about upgrading to Leopard. The common mistake is to try and fix something which isn't broken.... was Tiger working ok for you? Many serious logic users have an experimental machine...and a machine that's earning them a living... you'd never put your earning machine at risk would you? Leopard isn't ready.... and without having to be a geek... it's just worth listening to the wind before you make big changes... best of luck downgrading ... Kristian
  • mPV Support
    Hi Mitch! I'm sorry you're having problems after upgrading to Leopard. The transition went great for many but for others it didn't. Is the problem with all songs ? Try opening one of the Logic 8 template and see how i goes. I've read on the web that a CPU peaking problem can occur after opening Logic 7 songs in Logic 8. I wish you the best of luck!
  • Kristian Sharpe
    By the way, sorry for not being very helpful. There's a bunch of prefs worth trashing and reloading logic, it seems some things can get corrupted and whatever you do it won't work until you rebuild the prefs... last time I did it there were about four files.... eg. com.apple.logic type files. Everytime you try something new, keep a back up of the files, but remove them from the prefs folder before you reboot logic, if you keep the window open you will see logic replace them when you quit. I feel in the past this has been a fairly reliable "Refresh" for logic in the event of big changes. Have you made sure you're fully installed...legacy content etc...? Do you still Run 7? I'm taking it you were prudent enough to keep the old life boat to hand? however seaworthy 8 might be for me / some I still have 7 and my dongle to hand in paid sessions. I was thinking you could render anything in 7 that might be the cause of your migratory problem. sorry if that's a load of old useless babble. Kris.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: