macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Hexapye
    Ultrabeat Sampler issue
    Hello! I ve watched the ultrabeat tutorial "chopping audio" but for some reason most of the apple loops i tried to drag and drop to the ultrabeat sampler didnt work. this is happening in logic 8.i can use my own wave files but not the apple loops.How can i solve this problem?Some of the loops' waveshapes exceeds the limits of the ultrabeat sampler window and some dont even show up in the sampler window.those that are over the limits sound like a white noise no matter what the original apple loop sounds like and the others can not be heard at all.what can i do?I also tried the same apple loops shown in the tutorial and they didnt work either.
  • Christian L
    Re: Ultrabeat Sampler issue
    Hi myconoid! You're right, there seem to be a problem loading some appleloop into the ultrabeat OSC 2. I just tried it and it seems that the problem is only related to .caf appleloops. Appleloops in AIFF format are all working... at least on my system. The only thing you can do for now is drag the appleloop you want to your arrange window and bounce it back to AIFF. You will then be able to use it in Ultrabeat. Remember you can control-click (or right-click) on an Ultrabeat voice and choose Init > Sample... this will make sure the sample will play fine (except for that .caf of course). Also, please take the time to write feedback to Apple... this problem will probably get fixed in a future update. [url]http://www.apple.com/feedback/logicpro.html[/url]
  • dbassfour
    Has anyone had any luck with this? I am unable to add any of the Apple Loops into UB for chopping audio. I can only move aiff files that I have made on my own, and I can only do this by clicking LOAD sample, not by dragging. Is the dragging completely disabled in Logic 8?
  • Rounik Admin
    as far as i know you can only use .aiff not .caf files, so the majority of apple loops that come with logic studio need to be converted into aiff files before they can be loaded into UB. I find dragging easy to do from a finder window. This is my usual technique. Rounik
  • dbassfour
    Thanks man. Finder and Aif, no problem as long as they arent too big. Logic Crashes if I grab too big of an aiff. It sounds like apple has a bit of work to do on this feature.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: