macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Hexapye
    ultrabeat sampler issue!
    Hello! I ve watched the ultrabeat tutorial "chopping audio" but for some reason most of the apple loops i tried to drag and drop to the ultrabeat sampler didnt work. this is happening in logic 8.i can use my own wave files but not the apple loops.How can i solve this problem?Some of the loops' waveshapes exceeds the limits of the ultrabeat sampler window and some dont even show up in the sampler window.those that are over the limits sound like a white noise no matter what the original apple loop sounds like and the others can not be heard at all.what can i do?I also tried the same apple loops shown in the tutorial and they didnt work either.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: ultrabeat sampler issue!
    i"m having a problem dragging in apple loops from the loop browser into UB in L8. The wave forms just don't show up. Perhaps this is a .caf issue. If anyone else can do this please let me know. When dragging in my own apple loops (made in L7) they work fine. Make sure the "noise" osc is off and osc 1 is off too. Check the ADSR envelope on the right of UB and make sure the Vel knob for OSC2 is turned up. Hope that helps Rounik
  • Hexapye
    i am having the same problem they either dont show up or if they do they sound like a white noise. noise osc and osc1 is turned off and envelope, filter etc.... is all fine,but still the same problem.The ''jamaican egret guitar 3'' loop that was used in the tutorial video sounds like a white noise when i drag and drop it into the UB sampler.
  • Christian L
    Hi! You're right, there seem to be a problem loading some appleloop into the ultrabeat OSC 2. I just tried it and it seems that the problem is only related to .caf appleloops. Appleloops in AIFF format are all working... at least on my system. The only thing you can do for now is drag the appleloop you want to your arrange window and bounce it back to AIFF. You will then be able to use it in Ultrabeat. Remember you can control-click (or right-click) on an Ultrabeat voice and choose Init > Sample... this will make sure the sample will play fine (except for that .caf of course). Also, please take the time to write feedback to Apple... this problem will probably get fixed in a future update. [url]http://www.apple.com/feedback/logicpro.html[/url]
  • Rounik Admin
    Thanks Christian for the confirmation. I suspected it might be a .caf issue. Will send feedback to apple now! cheers Rounik
  • steveH
    This is definitely a CAF issue. You can't marquee tab to transients with CAF either. It's a problem that I'm sure the Logic team is working to fix! Here's why they don't work: CAF files are similar to QT files... they are actually containers that hold a bunch of different files. For instance, a QT file contains both video and several audio files. For the same reason, that's how CAF files can contain 6 audio files and be 5.1 surround. They need to figure out how to get around this "bug"! In the meantime if there's a CAF Apple loop that you want to use in UB, you'll need to convert it to AIF or WAV first! Oh well... let's hope they (Logic) address this issue.
  • Hexapye
    Thanks,
  • dbassfour
    Apple can you hear us? 8.0.2?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: