macProVideo.com
Forums
  • mylespower
    bouncing or exporting in logic
    i have made some solid kickdrums and a few loops in logic as of late. both of which are multilayered and may have automation i want to use them in other projects for example if i have a 4 layer loop with automation that i want to use in another project as 4 layers (not just as 1 combined layer), how can i do that? ive tried exporting in the layers but they export without the automation and bouncing drops the levels... doesn't it? so to be clear.... in logic project #1 - i have a 4 layers of audio in logic project #2 - i want to essentially import those 4 layers in project#1 exactly as they are with automation, volume levels etc
  • Martin
    Re: bouncing or exporting in logic
    I don't know of a way to do it all in 1 shot. You can, however, work around it this way. Open both songs at once on your screen. Open the the environemt of the song with the automated files and drag the environment objects to channels in the arrange window of the second song. Then copy and paste the regions from song 1 to the correct channels in song 2. I *think* the automation should copy over to ... if not, you can copy and past the automation itself. Not elegant, but that will work ...
  • mylespower
    ok what i did was this... 1) saved a channel strip setting for the 4 layers and put them in a separate folder and named them in order... 01, 02 etc 2) clicked the channel in the arrange once to highlight all audio... copy and paste 3) opened up the automation and with the crosshair tool selected the automation.. copy paste unfortunately when dragging from the environment of project 1 to the arrange of project 2 didn't really work... it didn't seem to import any audio, channel settings or automation.... of course i may have did something wrong :)
  • Martin
    Cool ... saving the channel strip is basically the same as dragging the object over, except you have it for all of your songs. I couldn't remember if the automation would copy over when you copied the region ... if you copy a region in the same song, it copies the automation (provided the prefernces are set to do that). Guess it doesn't work between songs ... too bad ...
  • steveH
    [quote:6706]ok what i did was this... 1) saved a channel strip setting for the 4 layers and put them in a separate folder and named them in order... 01, 02 etc 2) clicked the channel in the arrange once to highlight all audio... copy and paste 3) opened up the automation and with the crosshair tool selected the automation.. copy paste unfortunately when dragging from the environment of project 1 to the arrange of project 2 didn't really work... it didn't seem to import any audio, channel settings or automation.... of course i may have did something wrong :) [/quote] Are you using track automation or region (hyperdraw) automation?
  • mylespower
    track automation. and actually... step 3... in my post... doesn't work i thought thats what i did to copy the automation... but now i cannot seem to figure out how to copy and paste automation other than copying the audio or midi in the track and "copying automation" along with it to the new track... then deleting the copied audio or midi and being left with an empty track with all the automation in there.
  • Jossy
    Hi, Let me explain you. First of all i made a song in Logic pro 7. 1.When i play the song in Logic pro 7 the sound quality is very very good but when i played in itunes after boncing, the sound is not so good like in logic pro 7. 2.After that i tried in Waveburner i learned in Logic 305 how to burn a cd. In that case i can't burn a cd. Its not working always error. Pls i need some help.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hello Jossy, The thread you have added your question to is about a completely different topic... Could you create a New Thread please. In the Logic forum (top right of the screen "Start New Thread"... It will make it easier when people are reading through existing threads for specific solutions to have one thread about one topic only :-) Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: