macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Cemepyo
    Problem recording audio from sampler...
    Problem recording audio from sampler (MPC 1000) to Logic using midi trigger thru Lexicon Omega box. When I hit the record button in Logic, it triggers my mpc to start playing. Logic then picks up the incoming audio signal on the appropriate track and starts recording the audio... PROBLEM- Logic appears to keep restarting the incoming audio, repeating the first 1/4 of the first 1Bar. So every time I hear the metronome tempo counter as it records, the incoming audio replays from the beginning and this is what gets recorded. On the contrary when I'm controlling the sampler via midi and just hit the play button in Logic, the audio signal comes threw and plays the full 4 bars of the audio that I want recorded. Any idea on how I can fix this? It seems like it has to do with my metronome counter or midi time code? Thanks to all that help!
  • Christian L
    Re: Problem recording audio from sampler...
    Do you mean that the MPC 1000 is looping the first 1/4 of the first bar ? So you end up recording a loop of a part of the first bar over and over ?
  • Cemepyo
    "Do you mean that the MPC 1000 is looping the first 1/4 of the first bar ?" No, the MPC 1000 plays all the way threw once it's triggered to play, at least this is what it appears to do by reading the time measurements. Unless your manually taping the mpc pads to trigger sound play, the mpc is not that fined tuned to only play part of a bar. Usually once triggered to play via midi it just plays threw until triggered to stop. I would like to add that when I record a "drum line" created on the MPC 1000 (kick, snare and hi hats were sampled and played out individually to construct drum line on a mpc track) into Logic, Logic triggers and records normally from the MPC. End result is 4 bars of audio that is the MPC drum line now in Logic ready to be arranged. ???
  • Christian L
    [quote:36409] PROBLEM- Logic appears to keep restarting the incoming audio, repeating the first 1/4 of the first 1Bar. So every time I hear the metronome tempo counter as it records, the incoming audio replays from the beginning and this is what gets recorded. [/quote] I'm sorry, but I still don't undestand your problem... do you mean that the MPC is starting during the metronome countdown and that you're missing part of the loop during recording ?
  • Cemepyo
    [/quote]do you mean that the MPC is starting during the metronome countdown and that you're missing part of the loop during recording ?[/quote] Yes, Okay lets say I have a 4bar sample that say's DE BOO, BE BOO, CE BOO, WE BOO. "DEE BOO" is the first bar of sound. When I record in Logic it triggers the MPC, a audio signal comes threw and Logic begins to record the 4 bar sample. But instead of recording "DE BOO, BE BOO, CEE BOO, WE BOO" completing the 4 bars, it records and repeats "DE,DE,DE,DE,DE,DE,DE,DE.." matching the metronome click that is playing while recording. When I hit stop and review the recording all I here is the repeating "DE" note and not the entire sample melody. I hope this clarifies things a bit?
  • Christian L
    Okay... sorry for the confusion. It's sometimes difficult to understand the exact problem on a forum. Here's some suggestions : 1-Make sure the Metronome is not sending over MIDI. (Select "off" in MIDI Port in Settings/Metronome). 2-Make sre your MPC is in "Slave" mode. 3-Make sure that "Destination 1" is checked in "Transmit MIDI Clock" and that it transmits to "All". (This is under File / Project Settings / Synchronization / MIDI). Tell me how it goes...
  • Cemepyo
    Aaaaaawh Yeaaaah! I'm not positive witch option you told me worked But I did everything you said and I'm recording the full audio bars like I need to. Thanks Christian Labbe!!!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: