macProVideo.com
Forums
  • entyng
    ES2 Oscillator controls
    Hi all, Is there a way to control the amplitude envelope of each of the three oscillators independently? For example: adding a short square wave "click" on top of the attack of a longer sine wave, so the square wave is heard only during the attack and not the decay of the sine wave. I've tried to assign OscLevel# as the target with the second envelope as the mod. source but it seems to boost the level of Osc# instead of controlling it. And if i change the third envelope then i change the entire amplitude of all three oscillators... which is not what i want. hope I'm being clear! Thanks
  • steveH
    Re: ES2 Oscillator controls
    The ES2 has independent volume controls for its oscillators... however, Osc3 is hardwired into the final volume stage in the output section and all Osc volume envelopes (set up in the router) pass through the output section before getting out to the channel strip. So Env3 in always the final arbiter of volume. This can be somewhat confusing when trying to get that volume independence going! Though if you play around with it enough you can get the effect you're looking for. You can also get a nice "click" by pinging the filter by activating the filter reset button located at the top right of the ES2. This sends a trigger to the filter and can be produce some interesting clicks which are determined by your filter mode, cutoff, and resonance.
  • steveH
    By the way, I cover filter "pinging" in ES2 -Exposed :) [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/Logic206[/url]
  • entyng
    yeah the filter reset works nicely, but I still can't get the oscillators to follow an independent amp. envelope other than the hardwired osc.3 i have the ES2 tutorials but i don't remember seeing them... I'll go have a check again. thanks for the help Steve, and I love your tutorials!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: