macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Christian L
    Re: Please Help Me - Sampling rate 4800 Problem
    Hi Tulu, Don't change the sampling rate in your Logic project. What Rounik was saying is that you need to bounce your song to 16 bits / 44.1 kHz. Then burn it in Toast. Tell us how it turns out!
  • Tulu
    [quote:7638][quote:10283] I use Mac G5 quad and OS was 10.4. I have the original OS 10.4 disk which came with G5 when I bought. I had Logic Pro 7 installed before this Logic Pro 7.0.1 upgrade. I need to back up most of my Logic and Final Cut projects so please give me step by step instruction for backup as well. Tulu [/quote] Hi Tulu there are a couple of things I don't understand. Are you trying to burn an audio CD with an audio file at 48000hz? If so, there will quite possibly be some distortion because CD-audio can only support 44.1Khz. When bouncing your audio file from Logic select 16bit and 44.1khz and check the 'dither' checkbox. If you don't need to listen to the audio file on CD but just use the CD as a data CD then in toast select the data tab. OK. If the above doesn't apply to you please ignore it. To back up your important files and folders from Logic and FCP it really depends on where you have saved them. Logic by default saves them to HD> Users > (your user name) > Music > Logic copy the project folders you've created to the external HD.... or you could use a program like Carbon Copy Cloner or SupaDuper (google these) to clone your existing HD to the lacie. That way you'll have a complete copy of your system with OS 10.4.11 and logic 7.1 on the lacie. You can then reformat your mac HD (using disk utility)and use the os x disc that came with your mac to start again. I'd recommend for the future keeping a cloned backup of your system on an external disk and performing updates once you have a fresh working (and tested) backup - so that if there are any issues you can restore your fully working system more easily. If you have any further questions do let us know. Cheers Rounik[/quote] Hi Rounik Right now I bounced and burned a CD according to your instruction. I selected 44.1 in the pre bounce window eve though it was a 48Khz project. Then I select dithering, as well as I selected 16 bit and WAV. But after everything I got the same distorted effect in the burned CD. Tulu
  • Cajypiu
    Hi Tulu, it sounds as though you are changing the global sampling rate for the project which will mess up your timing as all of your audio files are clocked at 48kHz. If you wanted to change your global sampling rate, you would have to convert all of your internal audio files used within the project to 44.1kHz too. Is there anywhere you can upload an example of a distorted file? Have you tried exporting as 24bit, wav, aiff, high res mp3 even? With and without dithering? It might help if you bullet point your exact steps because it really is hard to decipher what you are doing at the moment, never mind where something is going wrong!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Tulu This might seem obvious but have you checked the meters on all your channel strips to make sure they are not clipping..(especially the Output 1-2) but the others too. Also, try mixing and bouncing your project without the rme800 connected just using built-in audio (you select this in Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio: Change the device to Built-in. Otherwise you could upload it like Yadj suggests using a site like" [url]http://www.sendspace.com[/url] so we could take a look...well give it a listen ;-) Cheers Rounik
  • Tulu
    Hi Rounik No its not clipped at all in anywhere. I want to send- can you please give your email address. Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Tulu, Could you upload it to sendspace? It's private there and can only be downloaded by those you give the address to. You can also take it down from the site whenever you want. Cheers Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Some more thoughts... Are you getting distorted sound from your bounced file before you burn it to CD, when you play it in the Finder or Quicktime? Were you getting distorted sound from your bounced file or CD before you updated to OS 10.4.11 and logic 7.1? Have you got a project you were working on before you updated that you can try bouncing now ad burning to cd to see if the problem persists with a project you know didn't distort before you updated?
  • Tulu
    Hi Rounik No I dont get distortion when I play iTunes. Before update to 10.4.11, i did not have distortion problem. I have tried with my old project which was done before update and it gives me distortion now. The same project which was done in 48Khz before update did not have any problem before after burning CD.
  • Tulu
    Hi Rounik Yes I can upload but to send you I need your email address. Tulu [quote:7638]Hi Tulu, Could you upload it to sendspace? It's private there and can only be downloaded by those you give the address to. You can also take it down from the site whenever you want. Cheers Rounik[/quote]
  • Tulu
    Hi Rounik this is the link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/dtoj9z Thanks [quote:7638]Hi Tulu, Could you upload it to sendspace? It's private there and can only be downloaded by those you give the address to. You can also take it down from the site whenever you want. Cheers Rounik[/quote]
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: