macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Please Help Me - Sampling rate 4800 Problem
    The file you've uploaded to sendspace is only 44B in size and is called Track01.cda This is not the audio file from the CD. I think it might be a reference file. I am unable to listen to it. Don't worry. We've explored quite a few possibilities today. It might not be your OS version, Logic version. I suspect the sample and bit rates could be part of the issue..... If it plays ok in iTunes then can i suggest you do the following please: 1. When you bounce the file in logic select 16bit, 44.1Khz, check the 'dither' box and bounce. 2. Import it into iTunes. 3. Listen to it. If there's no distortion continue. 4. Put the song in iTunes into it's own folder (in iTunes) 5. At the bottom of iTunes click on the 'burn disc' option. 6. Play the disc in a few different CD Players and listen for the distortion. p.s. before step 2, you can change the import options of iTunes so that the file will be imported at higher quality than mp3 - experiment with the aiff, wave and lossless options. But always have 44.1khz as your max. sample rate. Hope that helps Rounik
  • Tulu
    Thanks Rounik I will do the instruction tomorrow and let you know because I have finished my empty CD. I will buy some tomorrow and do it. Tulu
  • Tulu
    Hi if I try 44.1, it does not give distortion but 48Khz gives distortion only. Tulu
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:10283]Hi if I try 44.1, it does not give distortion but 48Khz gives distortion only. Tulu[/quote] Hi Tulu That's good. CD audio only supports playback sample rates of 44.1Khz or lower. It can not support playback of 48Khz. This is what Christian suggested in the first reply.. but I'm glad you've resolved it! Cheers Rounik
  • Tulu
    Hi Rounik I guess I could not make you understand. As I mentioned before that 44.1 does not give problem now or before all these updates. 48 used to not give problem before the update but now it gives problem. I know that CD audio only supports playback sample rates of 44.1Khz or lower. At present if I records all instruments and others setting 48Khz in logic's global setting and if I go for bouncing setting the bouncing sampling to 44.1 and bit to 16, it distorts the output in the burned CD. But if I records at 44.1 global setting and bounce it 44.1, then its OK. Basically which never happened before the updates. Even previously I used to not look at the bouncing interface for bit or sampling rate and it used to burned perfectly. I dont know wheather I am clear to you, I mean was I able to exlain my problem precisely or not. Need your input. Thank you. Tulu
  • Christian L
    I did some testing to reproduce your problem. I recorded a short song at 24 bits 48 kHz. I bounced it at different bits / sampling rate and tried playing them in Toast. Here's my results: 1-24 bits 48 kHz (distorted) 2-24 bits 44.1 kHz (ok) 3-16 bits 48 kHz (distorted) 4-16 bits 44.1 kHz (ok) Are you absolutely sure that you are [b]bouncing[/b] at 16 bits 44.1 kHz ? Maybe it could be worth it to upload a file to Sendspace like Yadj and Rounik suggested before.
  • Tulu
    Hi Christian Yes I am positive that I bounced at 16 bit and 44.1Khz. But that is not a problem if the global sampling rate is also 44.1Khz. But if global is 48Khz and Bouncing is 48Khz or 44.1 Khz and 16 or 24 bit, it gets distorted. What logic version you use? Thanks Tulu
  • Tulu
    Yes I will upload sample. [quote:1687]I did some testing to reproduce your problem. I recorded a short song at 24 bits 48 kHz. I bounced it at different bits / sampling rate and tried playing them in Toast. Here's my results: 1-24 bits 48 kHz (distorted) 2-24 bits 44.1 kHz (ok) 3-16 bits 48 kHz (distorted) 4-16 bits 44.1 kHz (ok) Are you absolutely sure that you are [b]bouncing[/b] at 16 bits 44.1 kHz ? Maybe it could be worth it to upload a file to Sendspace like Yadj and Rounik suggested before.[/quote]
  • Christian L
    I'm on the latest version... 8.0.1. And you ? Please post your file so we can help you!
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Christian & Tulu I've just done the same test as Christian & had the same results too. I'm also on Logic 8.0.1 and would be very interested listening to the uploaded file, Tulu. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: