macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rupyriu
    Binaural Problem
    I am trying to make a mix using the binaural output plug-ing. The problem is when I use some of Apple's SFX, they change the track to Surround. When I select and hold the Surround button in the channel strip I/O, I can change the output to Output 1-2, but then when I try to select binaural, it just stays at Output 1-2. What do I have to do to use these sounds with the binaural processor?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Binaural Problem
    Hi & Welcome to MacProVideo Forum! I'm not sure I completely understand the problem. Do you want to mix in surround or stereo (output 1-2)? Cheers Rounik
  • Rupyriu
    I want to mix in stereo, using the new binaural output. But dragging in an Apple sfx turns the track to a surround output. Normally when you click and hold the Output 1-2 button in the channel strip, you can choose 'Binaural' and the knob next to the level fader turns into a binaural button that can be invoked by double tapping it. With the track set to surround and then changed to Output 1-2, choosing 'Binaural' does not bring up the binaural button on the knob next to the level fader. Have you ever used the binaural function?
  • Christian L
    Hi jmunsen, I tried it and I can replicate your problem on my system. The only way I found to use binaural with a surround .caf loop is this : 1-Drag and drop the loop to a track. The I/O will change to "Surround". 2-Go to another track channel strip and change the output to "Binaural". 3-Drag the .caf loop to the new track. Hope it helps!
  • Rupyriu
    This is great, Christian. I wonder why you can't just change the track in Logic. I really appreciate your help!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: