macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Martin
    New Mixing Electronica Tutorials
    I am pleased to announce the first of our new "Pro-Mixing Series" is now out: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/prodElectro[/url] This tutorial is produced by none other than Olav Basoski: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/trainer/OlavBasoski[/url] [b]You can save 20%[/b] on this release using the following coupon code (I'll officially announce the tutorial next week at NAMM): [url]https://www.macprovideo.com/cart/code/L404Forum20[/url] Olav is one of the most recognized house producers in the world. His mixes always set the benchmark for "big club bombs" ... This tutorial is a good insight into how a top producer makes music, as Olav begins with a basic arrangement and then steps through the decisions he makes while mixing a song. Frankly, I think this is some pretty incredible stuff ... even the tip at the end on how to set your bass for vinyl production ... that alone makes this tutorial worthwhile for me!! But there's also soooooo much more in this tutorial ... check the product page for a full list of topics, and some really great preview videos too ...:) Thank you Olav for spreading the love and showing us all how you mix your traxx!
  • Richtor
    Re: New Mixing Electronica Tutorials
    Wow! i first heard of this guy back in 2001 when he did a storming mix of Hatiras Spaced Invaded and i have being loving his work since including 2006's waterman which i know here in the Uk was a massvie hit. Hats off to Martin, Olav and Macprovideo bringing us this and providing first hand knowledge that will be beneficial to every electronic producer. I will now try and get some sleep so i can get up and purchase this tomorrow! Darn time difference! Many Thanks
  • RickH
    This is awesome.. I heard some rumors that he was doing some tutorials and here it is! Too bad I didn't see the coupon code.. ah well. Keep 'm coming! Rick
  • Givarai
    I have ordered this module and I'm looking forward to working through it. Question, what other genre based tutorials are in the pipeline? Certainly I'd be interested in a classical/soundtrack style tutorial and also a rock based tutorial. Well done guys David
  • Zorytio
    I liked this series very much. Olav speaks much about his compressor settings, yet never talks about the knee settings. He leaves it on full. It might be helpful to some, if people share how they set the knee, when & why. When they might not want it at a gentle slope. Thanks again.
  • Malx
    Hey Martin what chance is there that MPV could get someone like nick sentience or other uk hard dance producer to do a similar tutorial?? cheers m
  • Young Dawg
    This may be the single most important tutorial I have ever watched. After just one viewing I was able to add a new depth and dynamic to my mixdowns. Olav is droppin science. Big up and Thank you!!
  • Kyrarii
    Considering all the tracks are all made from built-in Logic instruments and loops, is there, or will there be, downloadable project files? While I'm on the subject, I could never find project files for the other tutorials that mention project files. If you could point me in the right direction...
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Digitl Droo Yes, I agree. It would be a nice extra to have access to the project files for Logic 404. As for the project files for other tutorials, I'm not aware which tutorials you're thinking of, but the Logic 101: Core Logic 8 project files can be found on it's own tutorials page. It's just above the 'Download Now' button. Here's a direct link: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/go/1000[/url] Cheers Rounik
  • Martin
    Hey Guys, I've read all of your posts, and I'll see what I can do on ALL aspects ... :) Stay tuned ...
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: