macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Caborobo
    Ideal configuration for new Mac Pro for Logic
    I've been using Logic Express on a Mac G5 and want to upgrade to a new Mac Pro using Logic Pro. Before I place my order I wanted to find out if there is an ideal configuration. Any suggestions?
  • mPV Support
    Re: Ideal configuration for new Mac Pro for Logic
    Apple released the new Mac Pro a few days ago. It comes with 2 Quad-Core standard. 8-Cores for 2,799 $ is a good deal! Just be sure to add more memory. I suggest 4 GB, but don't buy the memory from Apple if you want to save $$$. Have fun with you new Mac!
  • Rounik Admin
    ...also a good idea to get 2 or more internal HD's - one to keep samples on and record onto and the other to run your OS from. mmm...the new Mac Pro's look very nice! Are you also thinking about interfaces as well or do you have something you like?
  • Caborobo
    I'm thinking about three HD's. One for the OS, one to record onto and the third as a redundant back-up. I think Leopard already offers a feature that will back up everything automatically, correct? My only other consideration here is that I might want the backup HD to be external so I can remove it from the location when not in use. As for the interface, I'm using the MOTU Traveler (can't remember the model), but it seems to be more than I need.
  • Caborobo
    Would you recommend any particular manufacturer for the memory, or would you assume they're all pretty much the same?
  • Rounik Admin
    Leopard has a "time machine' feature that uses an HDD to backup onto. Some people prefer an external HDD as well as this allows you to share across computers more easily. But, it might be a little bit slower. Choice is yours really, depending on your needs. For ram, I've always bought from [url]http://www.crucial.com[/url] Very easy to get the right memory for your mac with their selector system and never had any problems. There are other good ones which are US based - but i have no experience of them. Cheers Rounik
  • Caborobo
    Thanks. I'm ready to order!!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: