macProVideo.com
Forums
  • amerikiwi
    Alternative playlist of my tracks for editing?
    ok, a Audio editing question. is there anything that will let me have a Alternative playlist of my tracks, like pro tools has playlists? I often mix live concert type recordings that use a lot of edits, often remove noise & junk. time well spent with a crowded stage and lots of tracks/open mics. before I made any edits I got in a good habit of select everything and making a 'safety' playlist as a form of a back up. so if I start making big edit cuts on, say the toms to 'hand gate' them, if I ever got in trouble with moving things around or wanted to start over if i nudged a region on accident - I could go to my safety playlist and everything was restored. this way I found myself not having to lock things down as much during the editing and 'clean up' of dropping noise floors. I hand gate a lot because it's then easier for me to use the result to sample replace against the hits I want afterwards if needs be. I want to do this in logic 8. been trying to use the 'folder takes' but it seems better for coping multiple takes than lots of edits. It seems like if i try this way every edit had a track. thats;s to much screen real-estate for me to have to work with. any ideas that could help. I love how the tempo ,marker & signature tracks have alternatives. do the audio tracks have the same? thanks people! Amerikiwis
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Alternative playlist of my tracks for editing?
    Hey Amerikiwis! Great question. There is nothing quite like the 'playlist' feature in Logic. However, there are some alternative workarounds. 1. Not the 'take folders' - which are useful when recording, but real Folders. You could create multiple tracks for the same channel (e.g. 10 Audio Track 1's) [option - command - M]. Now place the region onto each track as desired. Solo the one you prefer. Voila....similar to the 'takes' principle but more manual. Now to save on screen estate select all regions on those tracks and add them to a folder. Anytime you want to try out a different edit double click on the region (which is a folder) and Logic will show you the contents of the folder. You can then back out of the folder really quickly and effortlessly too. Another option is to Hide tracks. I think the Folder option might be a more elegant solution for you though. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: