macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kizujoy
    Unwanted Sustain
    Hi again I've been running into a problem when I program using my Fantom or my Motif. I'll record and the notes will sustain . Then when I play a note after I've recorded into a track that note will sustain also . Its intermittent . Also , in the piano roll , when I hi light the midi drum tracks not al the note show up Especially with BFD 2
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Unwanted Sustain
    Hi economou54 I'm not sure if I completely understand. When you play/record do the notes played sustain much longer than the key is pressed? Does that show up in the Piano-roll as long sustained notes? Or is this an issue with a 'stuck key' type scenario where the note sustains because the MIDI note sticks during playback. If it's the later, there's a useful key command, 'Send discrete note offs (Panic)'. That will stop all MIDI data being sent and so stop the sustained note during playback.
  • Kizujoy
    Hi When I record a midi track with my Fantom or My motif rack all the notes will sustain . And they'll play back sustained . I don't know if its a setting in Logic or not. The notes in the piano roll look right. Its more like the stuck key' type scenario where the note sustains because the MIDI note sticks during playback. But sometime I get sutsain when I'm recording also
  • Kizujoy
    The Send Discrete Notes Off (Panic) Command Fixes the problem !!!!! Thanks so much . Do you know causes this .
  • Kizujoy
    Hi Again The panic button works bur a couple Fantom notes in the sequence still are sustaining . Have you run across this problem before ?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Are you in Loop mode or using the sustain pedal at all? Also, how have you got your Motif/Fantom connected to Logic? Rounik
  • Kizujoy
    Hi No I'm not in loop mode , I didn't use a sustain pedal . The part in question is a very staccato alto sax part . The fantom is hook up in & out USB with Motu's Micro Lite. I just tried resetting the midi drivers and that seems to have solved the Problem . Under Pref>midi > general> I have both items checked . Does this make sense to you ?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Seems to make sense - glad it's behaving better! I'm not at my Logic station - but will have a check tomorrow when I get a chance. Cheers Rounik
  • Kizujoy
    Thanks a lot for trying to help . I appreciate it .
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Economous54 Having the two boxes checked in Preferences > MIDI > General seems fine. Have you had any more success or any other issues? Cheeers :-) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: