macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Hizegau
    Organizing a Large Project
    I am planning a large scale music video project that will have several sections. I will create a unique sequence for each section but want to keep all of the sequences in one project folder so that all of the related files (aif, samples, etc.) are in one place. Is the best solution to place all of the Logic files in one project folder? Any other workflow suggestions?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Organizing a Large Project
    If you're going to be using a lot of the same channel strips and audio/midi files then using the "save as.." function will help quite a bit. Then in your newly named logic project simply delete any unwanted regions from the Arrange area and all the audio files etc will still appear in the Audio Bin and it will be in the same project folder. You could keep it all in one file...and use folders to separate the individual sections. Then it's easy to move them around and order them and to mute / solo the appropriate sections while keeping them all starting at 1 1 1 1. But, if you are suing different videos for different sections remember that Logic can only import one video per project. Cheers Rounik
  • Hizegau
    I hadn't thought about the problem of one video per project, which is an issue because each musical sequence would be tied to its own video material. I am wondering if it is then possible to keep each sequence in its own project, but somehow share audio files (which take up the most hard disk space) so they don't have to be duplicated across multiple projects. In other words, a sort of uber-project folder that contains several sub projects all of which share audio material. Is this possible?
  • Rounik Admin
    If you ever need to combine video clips to do a big composition in Logic use quicktime to combine the video files, save as... and then import the video... AFAIK It's not possiblen to have an uber project with all the original files in one place only where they are referenced in the way you describe.... actually, if you save your first project with audio files in the project folder you could then on subsequent projects not save the assests to your folder.... but i think it might be safer to have more than one copy of each audio file anyway. Perhaps the idea of creating an uber movie from all the clips and then working with folders and/or markers in one project might be better?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: