macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Wugyfia
    Moving UltraBeat(and EXS Samples)
    This is an idiotic question but I couldn't find an answer in the forums or tutorials. How do you move UltraBeat (and EXS samples) so that Logic knows where to reference them.I put an alias in the Library/Application Support/Logic folder but Ultrabeat made me find the samples each time I opened a new drum setup.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Moving UltraBeat(and EXS Samples)
    Hi! Using the alias method has worked for me in the past. Try making an alias of Library/Application Support/Logic/EXS Factory Samples & Library/Application Support/Logic/Ultrabeat Samples rather than than the whole Logic folder. Hope that helps! Rounik
  • Wugyfia
    I actually made an alias of only the UlraBeat and EXS samples..not the whole library. When I navigate to the library on my user disk the alias for the samples is grayed out. Would I need to copy the entire contents of the Logic application support folder to another disk? thanks for your reply C
  • Rounik Admin
    what i normally do is copy it over and then delete the originals and then create an alias - just to be safe. Hope that helps Rounik
  • Wugyfia
    Rounik: Exactly what I did! Strange stuff! C
  • Rounik Admin
    try also quiting all applications and then repairing permissions: Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility The select your HD and click 'repair permissions'. Restart. Does the problem persist? Rounik
  • Wugyfia
    Rounik: Final word and thanks. The sampler ees the alias and works great. UltraBeat still requires me to find one sample each time I reload an instrument(which is a big improvement). I've rebuilt the desktop, made fresh aliases etc. I can live with this. C
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: