macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Udaye
    Loops and Apple Loops
    Hi all, I have just purchased one of the House packs from Audiobase.com and they are brilliant. I would certianly recommend them to anyone for a much affordable price. I have a couple of questions, if you have a song tempo of say 126bpm and add apple loops of 130 or 132bpm value, would they automatically fit the song tempo of 126bpm? I have done this and by listening they sound that they do but I would appreciate clarification on this. Secondly I buy MusicTech magazine and they regular give you DVD's with many WAV loops on them. What is the best way to add these loops to a song you are working on, again with a 126bpm tempo. Most of these loops range from 120 to 134bpm at times. Thanks for your help. Udaye
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Loops and Apple Loops
    Hi Udaye Yes apple loops that were created with transients and are 'looping' will adjust to fit tempo. Make sure the 'follow tempo' is ticked in the Inspector. To test change the tempo a lot and solo the loop and turn on the metronome. should fit! Also you should be able to tell from looking at the length of the loop (if it fits to the number of bars even when the tempo in the transport is altered). Cool. Music tech mag. is good resource. To add a loop drag it into your project. Change the tempo of the project to the tempo of the loop. solo it. Now cick on Audio > open in apple loops utility (i think it's this... not at my logic machine to check that). Create an apple loop. (see Logic 101) Now readjust your project to the desired tempo and it should fit to tempo. It works better on rythmic parts rather than pads at big tempo differences from the original file's tempo. Let us know if you need any more info. Cheers Rounik
  • Udaye
    thanks again for your advice Rounik, it's much appreciated. Would you say that to use all WAV loops it is best to convert them to Apple loops to ensure you can use them within a Logic project at your desired tempo/bpm rather than the WAV bpm?
  • Rounik Admin
    It depends on your project really... If you feel your project sounds right at 124bpm and the wav file you really want to use is at 140bpm then change the wav into an apple loop. If however, you'd rather match the tempo of your project to the tempo of the loop then go in that direction. There are other ways to match a project's tempo to an audio region's tempo and vice versa... I'll dig out the thread later and post the link here. Otherwise, check out Logic 101: Core Logic 8. It's great! Cheers Rounik
  • Udaye
    thanks Rounik, look forward to looking at the link
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Udaye I found a couple of links that are useful: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=5333&sid=#5333[/url] [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=5975&sid=#5975[/url] Let us know if you need any more help! :-) Rounik
  • Udaye
    thanks again I will have a look through. Sorry for the questions, but on a different note, I have created high hats via ultrabeat which are in my arrangement. Even though they start from bar 8 I can hear them from the beginning of the track (bar 0), I also hear them when I solo another instrument (and when I mute the high hats thermselves!!). Any idea whey this is happens? cheers Udaye
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey, never be sorry for a question ;-) You're hearing them playing because you have the power button ON in Ultrabeat - which means UB's sequencer is playing as well as the region in the arrange window. Turn it off and you should be fine. Cheers :-) Rounik
  • Wantless
    If you programmed the beats in the step sequencer in UB than dragged them out into the arrange, you may still have the "internal" sequencer on the UB running. Turn it off if it is on. B
  • Udaye
    been driving me mad, but yet so simple!! thanks guys
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: