macProVideo.com
Forums
  • geraberl
    Using the Fade Tool With Apple Loops
    Hello Martin and avid Logic Pro Users. Here's a bit of a noodle scratcher. I was working in a project that utilized a number of Apple Audio Loops (with the loop de loop icon). I tried applying fades to these regions with the fade tool, exactly how Martin showed in the MPV Logic 101 lessons. However, all the apple audio loop regions would not allow me to apply any fades, whereas, any non apple loop audio regions would. Is it just me or is this a known quirk of apple audio loops that they won't allow fades to be added to their regions. BTW Martin, can't thank you and your team enough for these outstanding tutorial videos. If it wasn't for you guys I have no idea how I would have been able to start to get my head around this amazing program. A million thanks.
  • Martin
    Re: Using the Fade Tool With Apple Loops
    Do I show fading Apple Loops in the 101? I did show it in the Apple Pro Training Series book, but that feature got "broken" with version 7.1 ... it did work at one point, but then the engineers took that feature away. i still don't know why, really. Anyway, the fade tool does not work for Apple Loops ... instead, use track or region automation ... that's the only work around at the moment! And also, thanks for the kind words!! I'm glad to know the tutorials are helping!!!
  • geraberl
    Actually Martin, no you didnt show the fade tool applied to apple loops, it must have been a non apple loop audio region. Well at least im glad it's not just me being a dunder-head. Strange why they diabled this feature. Oh well, automation it is. And yes, your tutorials have been utterly invaluable to me. Keep em coming! Thanks once again. Gerald http://www.garageband.com/artist/nickandgerald http://www.myspace.com/nickandgerald
  • Jacqueslacouth
    Hi, Given this information, is there any advantage of apple loops over acidised wave files in loop purchases? I ask BEFORe I shell out for a few loop collections since obviously the acidised loops have wider scope for software usage and if there is no real advantage in Apple Loops I might go that way. Cheers Jock
  • geraberl
    Jock To be honest, I have practically Zero experience with acidised loops so can't really advise, except to say obvioulsy one of the main advantages with Apple Loops is that they will change to match any global changes one may apply to the track tempo etc and in most cases will adopt region pitch changes. Maybe acidised loops will also do this, truth is I just don't know. But as you can see from Martins reply to my initial question, one is certainly unable to use the fade tool with Apple Audio Loops. I think our man Martin will have to chime in on this one.
  • Martin
    It makes no difference for fades ... you can't fade acidized wave files either (with the fade tool). Acidized wav files do work and timestretch properly in Logic 7.2 though, which is cool ... Anyway, you'll need tto use automation curves to fade them ... or maybe you could use the "fade" function in the sample editor ... never tried working with it that way myself though ...
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: