macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rasydye
    tap tempo
    could anyone give me s0me clue about how to use tap tempo function in logic? i looked up in manual and it is very confusing. i want to use it to achieve a natural tempo for my sequence. will deeply appreciate it! thanks
  • Christian L
    Re: tap tempo
    The tap tempo function of Logic 8 is not working as well as I would like to. It seems it can only interpret the count-in tempo. I prefer to use beat mapping to do what you want. Here's how : 1-Load a drums on a software inst. track. 2-Go to File > Project Settings > Metronome and make sure that "Only during count-in" is checked." This way you won't hear the metronome while you record your "tap tempo". 3-Open the Global Track and check "Tempo" and "Beat Mapping" in View > Configure Global Track. 4-Hit record and "play" the tempo using the snare of the drum instrument. (One hit / per beat). 5-Select your new drum's region and click "Beats from region" under the Beat Mapping section of the Global Track. Leave it to 1/4 notes and hit "Done". Here's your "natural tempo".
  • Rasydye
    lots of thanks, christian! it seems verycomplicated, i wil try and let you know how it goes. thanks again cx
  • Rasydye
    hi, Christian, lots of thanks for your very helpful suggestion. i tried it and it works really great! but in my situation, i'm going to have a rubato passage in the middle of a piece. i can use the method to make a very natural feeling performance, but the problem is that the speed and how the beat was measured after the rubato passage seem to be changed as well. the tempo after the successful rubato passage becomes a mess. i have been trying many ways to fix it, but didn't succeed. is there a way to make sth like a stopper at the end of the aimed passage before i apply hte beat map method, so i can limit it with the space i want? i really appreciate your vey thoughtful hint, which will dramatically improve my production! thanks a lot, best cx
  • Christian L
    Did you try tapping the tempo for the whole song, not just the rubato passage ? Also, if you know the exact tempo after the rubato passage, you can simply enter it in the Glboal Tempo track.
  • Daniel H
    A very easy tool I use for tap-tempo is a tap-tempo widget available for Dashboard for free from Apple's site.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: