macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Logic Ninja
    Evoc 20
    Hi i was trying to figure out how to use the Evoc 20 polysynth plugin. I mean how do you connect it to your mic when you are doing vocals live or even when recording. Please help
  • Christian L
    Re: Evoc 20
    I explained how to use the Evoc 20 PS in this thread : [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=4854&sid=#4914[/url] To use it live, select your mic input in the Side Chain instead. Take care!
  • Logic Ninja
    hi, the vocoder synth only worked on the apple loops but i was wondering can you use the vocoder on your own vocals.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi As Christian said, select your mic audio track in the side chain and make sure the audio track is record enabled. Enjoy! Rounik
  • Logic Ninja
    Hi sorry for the questions, but i'm still having problem with vocoder. When i choose the mic audio track in the side chain, i can't hear anything from the vocoder when i use my keyboard. These are the step i followed. First i created a new audio track for mic and muted it in the mixer window. Then i created a new instrument track and selected Evoc 20 in it and chose the mic audio track in the side chain and I record enabled both of the tracks. I do this but still there is still no response. I'm probably doing something wrong can you guys help me out please Thanks Abhi
  • Christian L
    Maybe you muted both the audio track and the software instrument track in the mixer ? Only the audio track needs to be muted. You can also select "no output" in the I/O section. Also, make sure you get a signal on the audio track.
  • Logic Ninja
    I tried it again but something is wrong. I only muted one and tried no output in the i/o section for the audio track but no response. any other suggestions? thanks
  • Christian L
    ... and do you read a signal on the level meter of the audio track ?
  • Logic Ninja
    Hi, there again. yeah i'm getting a audio signal, but for some reason vocoder and the audio coming in are still working seperately. Another thing i noticed was in Evoc 20, was when i select any of the vintage or warped vocoders they do not respond to my keyboard, but I when select any of the synthesizers my keyboards responds. I tried everything don't know what's wrong. I will take any suggestions you guys got. Another question, could it have with the anything to do with the fact that my Midi keyboard is usb powered and is not directly connected to my audio interface. If so does i even tried my mac keyboard but still response. Please help.
  • Christian L
    Hi again, Here's all the steps to use the Evoc 20 with your Mic. 1-Click and hold the I/O slot of a Software Instrument track and select EVOC 20 PS. 2-Select "Input 1" in the "Side Chain" menu of the EVOC 20 PS... (Don't select "Audio 1"... the inputs are listed below the audio tracks... maybe that was what you were doing wrong ?) 3-Select the "Vintage Vocoder > Vocal Heaven Pad" in the EVOC 20 PS presets menu. 4-Hit "R" in the track header of the Software Instrument track. 5-Play something on your keyboard and talk in your mic at the same time... It should work!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: