macProVideo.com
Forums
    saving settings in Ultrabeat
    Okay I have loaded my drum samples into ultrabeat and saved the settings, but when I recall my settings the original drum sounds reappear. Does anyone know why this is happening? I tried dropping my samples into Ultrabeats library but they still do not come up. Thanks 1181
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: saving settings in Ultrabeat
    Hi 1181 What version of Logic are you using? 7, 8, 8.01? Express, Pro? I've tried replicating this behaviour in Logic Pro 8.0.1 but Ultrabeat loads up saved instruments reappear fine for me. Can you post your exact steps and we'll do our best to help you. Best Rounik
  • Christian L
    This was a bug in Logic 8.0. It is now fixed in Logic 8.0.1. Just use Software Update to update to the latest version of Logic.
    Thanks I will try that when I get home. I have logic 8 -my basic steps have been to drag and drop drum samples into the sample box in ultrabeat, like I learned in the ultrabeat tutorial. I setup the kit like I wanted it, then I saved it as my kit... I then saved the logic session and quit out of Logic. When I reopened the session, all the original logic drum samples will reappear under my named kit, and my samples will have to be reloaded. I tried moving my samples into the same library as the ultrabeat samples on my harddrive but the problem persisted. I will try updating to 8.0.1., but I think I did that when I installed last week. Thanks 1181
    I tried the update and it still is not saving my settings. Question? the files are wav files does that matter?
    This is a little frustrating. I should be able to save these settings?
  • Christian L
    It is definitely working fpr me. Did you try creating a new Ultrabeat setting after upgrading to Logic 8.0.1. Also try creating a brand new project and checking the [i]Copy Ultrabeat samples to project folder[/i] in the [i]Assets[/i] section of the [i]Save As[/i] dialog box.
    I tried that and it still will not save my samples with my saved settings. I am on Logic 8.0.1 and I tried the steps you gave me but they did not work. Interesting note, when I open Logic the CorMIDI Server.framework folder bounces in my dock, this seems weird. Any way I am open to suggestions at this point, I would like to be recording and not running into road blocks. THanks for any help you guys might have. 1181
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi 1181 Out of interest what version of os x are you running and are you using pro or express? I don't think this will help specifically but try repairing permissions (Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility > Repair Permissions)
    I am using leopard with Logic Pro and I have tried repairing permissions and restarting. Do you think I should reload Logic?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: