macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Kizujoy
    Error code- 38
    Hi again I keep getting an Error message . It says (Error code 38 was returned by Audio driver) . When it appears I reboot Logic . Does anybody know whats causing this ?
  • Christian L
    Re: Error code- 38
    What are you doing exactly when you get the error ? Did you try repairing permissions... What audio interface do you use and do you have the latest drivers ?
  • Kizujoy
    It Usually happens when I change the title during a save as . I record into an Apogee that goes into the 828 via spdf cable Playback is with an 828 .
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi As Christian says, try repairing permissions (Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility) and then restarting. If that doesn't help the issue unplug your interface and see if you can replicate the issue using built-in audio. Let us know how it goes, Rounik
  • Kizujoy
    Thanks a lot I'll try that .
  • Noisenet
    Heya, I've frequently gotten this error as well. It's not something that I can readily reproduce (I've tried), just seems random. My setup is as follows: iMac 2.4GHz, 4Gb RAM, 320Gb HDD, M-Audio MobilePre USB I/O, M-Audio MIDISport 1x1 Uno. All project files are stored on a 250GB Western Digital Firewire External Drive. I have had this error both using the M-Audio I/O as well as the built in hardware. I was running Leopard 10.5.1 but two days ago reverted my system to 10.4.11 - besides this issue I was having others, like Bluetooth hanging everytime I resumes the machine from Sleep. I have not seen the error since then, and I was in Logic for roughly 12 hours yesterday, so mayhaps this did it for me? Also, since the reversion to Tigger, I haven't seen the "Overload" error either, which I had on occasion...... Hope this is helpful to someone.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Noisenet Thanks for posting your experiences and welcome to MacProVideo forums! It's interesting that Tiger doesn't reproduce these issues as much as Leopard. I wonder if the upcoming 10.5.2 update will help with these issues. Cheers Rounik
  • Noisenet
    Heya Rounik, Ya know, I was wondering that too. I was hoping 10.5.2 would drop on Friday, but when it didn't, I decided to cut my frustrations and go back to Tiger. I'm still running Leopard on my MacBook, but for my production machine I'm gonna stick with Tiger for a while. Nice Forum ya'll have here, BTW.
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:38285]but for my production machine I'm gonna stick with Tiger for a while. Nice Forum ya'll have here, BTW.[/quote] same here. I'd like to try Leopard out soon but I'll definitely wait for 10.5.2 and keep my eyes peeled for people's opinions. If you do upgrade to 10.5.2 do let us know your logic experiences! Cheers:) Rounik
  • Noisenet
    After being in Tiger a little while, I started having problems in Tiger so I figured I might as well go back to Leopard, try 10.5.2 and the other recent updates (Pro Kit 4.5, etc....). I did all this last Saturday and things SEEM to be fine. I've only had a chance for one all day session, but for the most part, things are smooth. I'm going to start a new thread detailing one issue I continue to have, it'll be called something along the lines of "Core Audio Overload" or something......... But on the whole, while not 100% satisfied, it's workable.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: