macProVideo.com
Forums
  • dbassfour
    Saving an Audio File (.aif non apple loop) as an Apple Loop
    Hello, I am trying to save a 2 bar region of an .aif file that I created as an Apple Loop. I click "Open in Apple Loops Utility" but when I click save it says "Check Destinations Disks availability" File cannot be saved. If I click Save As and save it as a diffrent file name, it works no problem. Martin does it in his Video with no issue, but whenever I try it it gives me this message. What gives? Appreciate any help.
  • Christian L
    Re: Saving an Audio File (.aif non apple loop) as an Apple Loop
    Hi dbassfour, Just a few questions... How much space do you have left on your hard drive ? In what location are you trying to save the loop ? Did you try repairing permissions ? Probably won't solve your problem... but it can't never hurt. ;-)
  • dbassfour
    Thanks for the Reply. 1. 32 GB Free 2. Im trying to Save the Loop on my Hard Drive with the other Audio Files in the project 3. I have tried repiaring permission If I copy the Region, then Create a New Audio File for that copied Region, THEN click Open in Apple Loops Utility, it saves no problem. The problem is not consistent, and I am able to save Apple Loops in other Projects, and not in others. Plenty of workarounds involving new audio files, but why shouldnt I be able to manipulate a file if I need to!
  • Christian L
    [quote:33890] The problem is not consistent, and I am able to save Apple Loops in other Projects, and not in others. [/quote] I could not reproduce your problem on my Mac. When a problem is not consistent, it can be difficult to solve. Try to see if you can find in what circumstances the problem appears. In the meantime, use your workarounds. You can also try the quicker Region > Add to Apple Loops Library command.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi dBassfour I've also been unable to reproduce your problem on my system. Out of interest are you on Logic 8 or 8.0.1? Are you using Leopard? I agree with Christian and would be interested to know if using the "Region > Add to Apple Loops Library command" works for you. Best Rounik
  • dbassfour
    Hey guys - Would it help if I uploaded the project in a zip file? I am using 8.0.1. and using 10.5.1. (until they release 10.5.2 tomorrow) The Add to Apple Loops Library works fine, its just when opening a region in the project in apple loops utility that I have this issue. Thanks, Dion
  • Christian L
    [quote:33890] Would it help if I uploaded the project in a zip file? [/quote] Sure! Go ahead! You can use [url]http://www.sendspace.com[/url] and post the link on the forum. I'll check it this evening.
  • dbassfour
    Guys, I uploaded the file to my server. This is just a tutorial that comes with a book I bought, but if you open up "07 New Day" and try to open My Drum Loop in Apple Loops Utility, Id be interested to see if you get the same error message. Appreciate it. Now Im going back to Ultrabeat Unleashed! Heres the link http://amp3pr.com/UPLOADS/logic the ZIP file is in there! ( or will be by 3:30AM est its still uploading.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi dbassfour Thanks for uploading the project. If you need to upload again, it might be a good idea to just upload the audio file or take out the other audio files from the arrange and audio bin, save as..., and then upload as it will be a lot of smaller in size ;-) I tried to make My Rock Drums loop into an apple loop and it worked fine, no error messages. For the record I'm on Logic 8.0.1, OS 10.4.10, iMac 2.16. Are you able to add to apple loops using the techniques Christian suggested? Also, if you open the Apple Loops Utility outside of Logic and select any aiff file, does it work as it should?
  • dbassfour
    Thanks for looking into it. I am able to Add to Loops no problem, the issue only happens when editing the file IN the project via "Open In Apple Loops Utility". Apple Loops Utility works with no issue OUTSIDE of logic, the problem is just related within Logic. I just gave up on it, spent too much time, and Ill just use the work around. Frustrating to not know why it doesnt work though. Ill try a reinstall at some point, and see if the problem follows. Ill try the Save As within Logic for exporting the project next time, this time I just Zipped the folder. Thanks again for looking into it, and hopefully a reinstall will clear it up.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: