macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Xidehoy
    Question about September's Shifting Audio Tip
    After I've locked a region's smpte position and resize it from the bottom left corner, the region does not 'snap back' to the lock position as it does in the video - did I do something wrong ? I'm on Logic 8.01 Thanks, Shaun
  • jadeleary
    Re: Question about September's Shifting Audio Tip
    Wow, talk about synchronicity: I was working on a song in 8.0.1 today and that trick didn't work for me either. Had to go back to the tutorial to make sure I was doing it correctly. I'm sure I've used it since moving to Logic 8. Are we missing something or is this a new bug?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Shaun and Jadeleary I've just tried it out and also can't get the shifting audio trick working as it used to in 8.0.1. I have a workaround that has so far worked with two apple loops. 1. Lock smpte of desired loop/audio. 2. resize from left corner of region towards the right. 3. The region is resized but not locked to previous position. 4. unlock smpte 5. move region to original start point. 6. drag from bottom right of region to increase the length (maker it longer) Does that work for you? I've just tried it with three other apple loops and part 6 doesn't respond as intended... :? The only other workaround is to cut and paste or use the marquee tool to replace the end of the region if what you want is to replicate what Steve shows in the September tutorial with drum beats.
  • Rounik Admin
    If others are also experiencing this issue it would be cool to let Logic developers know this issue: [url]http://www.apple.com/feedback/logicpro.html[/url] Cheers Rounik
  • Xidehoy
    Thanks Rounik, but without the region actually locking into position, it sort of defeats the purpose. Cheers, Shaun
  • steveH
    OOOH! I hate when they take features away!!!! Doesn't work here anymore either.....
  • Xidehoy
    I guess there must be a video related use for 'Lock SMPTE Position' ?
  • jadeleary
    Am I crazy or did it work before 8.0.1? I'm pretty sure I used it after upgrading to Studio...
  • steveH
    Yes... locking regions is extremely important for scoring/audio post.
  • steveH
    [quote:1197]Am I crazy or did it work before 8.0.1? I'm pretty sure I used it after upgrading to Studio...[/quote] I never tried it in 8.00....
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: