macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Liwoxay
    Synth riff shortcut question
    Hi gang - this is my first post and I have a totally noob question. After watching the TNT section on arps (which is AMAZING! Makes me SO HAPPY to have bought the TNT) I am wondering if there is a shortcut or easy way to program what I call the classic trance synth riff that I think is 2 16th notes and one eigth note (all the same note vs. an arp) that start on every down beat. I guess they're triplets but the third note is a bit longer. This effect is often used to gate synths. I could just play them and edit the midi, but I would think there would be an easier way to do this in Logic studio. Thanks in advance for the help and keep the great TNT's coming! Cheers, Alex
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Synth riff shortcut question
    Hi Alex Great question! The only way I can imagine programming this easily would be to set up the arps as Steve H. shows in the tutorial. 1. Now choose a 16th note arp and record the part. 2. stop & re-record with an 8th note arp selected. 3. Merge the two regions and quatize it if needed. Does that work for you? Should be more fun than programming it in by hand in the Piano Roll. Although the later may be a quicker way to do this. Alternatively, there is a free plug-in by Sonic State called Storm Gate: [url]http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shownews.cfm?newsid=5167[/url] I've really enjoyed using this plugin on a couple of projects as it provides alot of flexibilty and a randomise function :-) To use it play one long note in Logic, insert the stormgate plug on the channel strip and draw in however you would like the gate effect to be. It's an interesting alternative to using Arp's. In fact side chaining can bring about an effect similar to Storm gate using Logic's built in plugins.... but that's covered by Steve and Martin expertly in another 303 tutorial. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: