macProVideo.com
Forums
  • toine
    FW-1082 doesn't work - I want a new Audio Interface
    Hi, Well, I'm new in Mac, and I bought a Macbook wit h 4BG of RAM. And I bought a Tascam FW-1082 2 years ago during my Cubase - Windows experience. The problem is that the FW-1082 is not compatible with Leopard, the site says it does, but there are giving wrong information, so be careful everybody. So I decided I want a new AI, don't know when the problem will be fixed, and I didn't use the feature of my FW-1082, so I better buy something that suits me more. Does anyone can help me choosing, I'll tell you what I use now. 2 Input channels (at least one with Phantom Power), 1 SPDIF input, 1 Midi input, 2 headphones channels would be great. 2 output channels to connect my speakers. I will use Logic. I heard Motu, Presonus and RME are the best. But I want the best sound quality possible, don't want to pay for controllers, 8 inputs and other stuff I never use. Thx for helping me. Antoine
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: FW-1082 doesn't work - I want a new Audio Interface
    Hi Antoine Do a search on "interface" or "audio interface" and you'll find a few other posts that'll be of interest. One of the more recent one's: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=5839&sid=#5911[/url] The list you have (motu, presonus, RME) are all good. I've heard good things about the motu and rme preamps and own a presonus firebox which I love but would like to upgrade sometime. Also check out the range of Apogee interfaces. Logic users tend to rave about it's sound quality and it's integration with Logic. It also depends on how much you are willing to spend. Hope that provides some help! Rounik
  • steveH
    Re: FW-1082 doesn't work - I want a new Audio Interface
    Hi Antoine, I highly recommend the Apogee AIs. Even their little Duet is a gem! I have the Ensemble. They don't do MIDI though. I like keeping my Audio and Midi interfaces separate! Steve
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: