macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Joreg
    Bounced files do not align when importing again
    Hi Steve, I'm experience a little misplacemment of the imported audio files relative to the session. My multitrack sessions (Logic LE 7) have been recorded at 24 bit 44.1, then I bounce a stereo mp3 (from start to finish, 1 1 1 1 until the end of the song) send that file to my band mates in different countrys, to each one have a go on they parts, and send it to me to import on the multitrack session. At first I believe it was they fault, but when I made a stereo file from the multitracks and imported the bounce to the same session (on another track) I realized that the files do not align when importing again, it's just a bit in relation to the other, that seem like a flanger effect since the waves don't match and the tempo moves a little from the beat. Are you aware of that, what can I do to prevent that to happen? If it were only one or two tracks to align, fine, but it's an album worth of songs and many tracks to import, that will be a Faraonic task. :o) Please give a tip on this! Kindly regards, Jorge
  • steveH
    Re: Bounced files do not align when importing again
    Jorge What happens when you place the mp3 that you originally created against the original tracks in the original project.... Is it in perfect sync or is it flanging? Steve
  • Joreg
    Hi Steve, Yes it flanging! It shifts a little bit in relation to the original project tracks. Jorge
  • steveH
    I tried in in L 8.01 with lots of different mp3 settings and didn't have any problems. What happens if you bounce to wav and bring it back into the project...still flanging? So it looks like the bounce you sent them is drifting. Is this a midi based production or is it audio?
  • Joreg
    Hey Steve, We're finishing preproduction, that's why we using mp3 at the momment. I'll give it a shot with wave files and let you know. It's audio and instruments only and as I'm on a Powerbook all tracks are freeze. Also, I'm on LE7 because my main partener as it. I'm moving the sessions to Pro 8 only when the project's ready for mixing. Thanks a million for caring. Peace, Jorge Ps: after complete it, I would like your oppinion, if you have the time :o)
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jorge I'd be interested to know if you bounce or export your tracks instead of freezing them into a new project (or existing one) and then bounce to mp3 if the files are still misaligned. Cheers Rounik
  • steveH
    I remember having some odd bounces in 7... it's been awhile!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: