macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rasydye
    humanize and transform windows
    hi, i have been trying to control the parameters in the humanize function under "transform" but i didn't find a way to control each parameter, like length, velocity...and i don't understand the default setting either. seems when i apply to any passages with fast notes, it's a mess. checked manual and other possible resources, didn't find solutions...any thoughts? lots of thanks in advance. best
  • Christian L
    Re: humanize and transform windows
    The transform window can be very intimidating and unintuitive... and that's because it offers so many possibilities to control MIDI data! In the Piano Roll, select all notes you want to "humanize" and go to Functions > Transform > Humanize. The transform window will appear. Make sure that Mode is set to : "Apply operations to selected events". This will tell the transform window to affect all selected notes. With Humanize, you want to affect 3 parameters : Position, Velocity and Length. By default, +- Rand. / 10 is selected for the 3 parameters. This means that Logic will Randomize each value by + or - 10. For exemple, if you have a note velocity of 110, the resulting velocity will be between 100 and 120. Same thing for Position and length. To apply the humanize function click on "Operate Only". Hope it helps! Tell me if you have any more questions about it.
  • Rasydye
    hi, christian, thanks a lot for your reply and it helps alot in understanding what the default setting is. would there be a way to change one of the parameters, like the length? for example, when i apply the default setting to a region of fast notes, the notes start conflicting to each other. how can i set the random range to +_5 or 3? there are a few numbers in the clolumn which i can drag up and down, but i have no idea how they effect, and i didn't get any conclusion form my experiments. lots of thanks! also, the tap tempo by using beat mapping is working fine now. best cx
  • Christian L
    Hi cx, The length value is in the Bar / Beat /Division / Tick format. If you want to vary by just 5 ticks, double click the default value and enter : "0 0 0 5". Please note that the spaces between the numbers are very important. You can also drag upward or downward on the last number. I'm glad the Tap Tempo is working fine for you! Happy transforming!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: