macProVideo.com
Forums
  • DM
    Logic and Audio/Midi setup
    Hello, I love all the MacPro videos. They are absolutely the best and I've learned so much. Exquisitely produced. Thanks! I have a question about how Logic uses the Audio/Midi setup. I've looked all over the internet but can't it. When I first set up Logic I had my Audio/Midi set up just like I had it set up for DP - the midi interface and all the external keyboards in there cabled to the interface. What I noticed was that in the Logic Library, all the midi interface ports as well as the keyboards showed up. This was very confusing at first. I experimented and uncabled the keyboards in the A/M setup but left the keyboards in there. Now Logic still recognized them and everything seemed fine but now they were not showing up in the Logic Library which reduced the clutter. Everything still seemed to work. Next I tried taking all the keyboards out of the A/M setup, just leaving the midi interface in there. That also seems to be working as Logic still sees the interface and all the keyboards. My question is this... For Logic, is there a reason to set up the A/M one way or the other or is it fine either way. I'm asking partly out of curiosity and partly because I don't know Logic well enough to know if I will run into trouble later. I would just like to know 'they all work' or 'you really should do it this way.' Thanks! DM
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic and Audio/Midi setup
    Hi DM & welcome to MacProVideo Forums! It's difficult to answer your question definitively without seeing your exact setup...but it seems you've answered your own question. If it's working and Logic recognizes everything that's great! The Environment window in Logic is where to go to setup all MIDI interfaces/keyboards etc - it's like a virtual studio where you can connect and cable up your external gear to Logic. Your audio interface can be setup within Logic: Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio Do check out the Logic 105 tutorial as I think it might interest you: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logicEnvironment[/url] However, it refers to Logic 7's environment which is only a little different to Logic 8. Cheers Rounik
  • DM
    Hi Rounik, Thank you for your reply. I actually bought all of the remaining Logic videos yesterday including the Logic 7 Environment. I had previously bought Logic 101: Core Logic 8 and loved it so much I got the rest of them yesterday. These videos - information, presentation, and the player/download process are so well done it's a pleasure to watch them. I will look forward to the Environment video which is on my list for today. Cheers, DM
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:38438]Thank you for your reply. I actually bought all of the remaining Logic videos yesterday including the Logic 7 Environment. [/quote] No problem :) Enjoy the videos! Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: