macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Champ Tokesalot
    Adjustment
    I am recording my Novation Drum Station, controlled by midi from Logic. When I get done recording a kick drum part the whole part is off, not just the beginning due to latency, but the whole part is off when I try to sync it up. I have to manually sync every kick drum to where the notes are supposed to be. It is not only the Drum Station but every hardware instrument that I use, which I use midi from Logic to control the Evolver or Voyager. My friend told me there was an adjustment in my preferences that would help fix it, but I do not know which one to use. Could you please help direct me to adjust this correctly? Thank you. C..
  • Christian L
    Re: Adjustment
    There is the "All MIDI Output : Delay" that you can adjust in Logic > Preferences > MIDI > Sync. Normally you should set this to 0,0 ms. What kind of monitoring system are you using ?
  • Champ Tokesalot
    Not really sure what you mean by a monitoring system. I use a Motu 828mk11 routed to Dynaudio BM15As. All of the settings in Preferences>Midi>Sync are set to "0". Thanks for your help! C..
  • Christian L
    I was asking you what monitoring system you use because some audio interfaces can cause latency. The 828 mk11 has zero latency monitoring because the audio goes straight to the audio out... but I think you need to set it up correctly in your CueMix software. Unfortunately, I do not have a MOTU interface and I don't know too much about CueMix. Did you check your MOTU manual to make sure everything is setup correctly ?
  • Champ Tokesalot
    I was thinking earlier that could be where I needed to look. I appreciate your help. I will look into my manual and find out more about my CueMix Console settings, and see if that works. Thanks again. C..
  • Christian L
    I checked on the MOTU website but the manuals are not available. Don't hesitate if you need more info! See you!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: