macProVideo.com
Forums
  • mtec
    repeat function
    hi folks, is there a key command that lets u repeat regions. i have just switched to Logic from Cubase. in Cubase u can just press Apple D and it duplicates the part. this is really useful but i cant seem to find this function in Logic. i know u can press Apple R and the repeat box opens but is there a better way? i know i can alt drag to copy. but i would like a function similar to the Cubase one. let me know guys.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: repeat function
    Hi mtec the repeat regions command is the one i use the most as well as alt dragging. There are a couple of other methods I use: 1. Repeat whole bar(s) of an arrangement: set the locators between desired points. select regiond within that to repeat. local menu: Edit > Cut/Insert time > Repeat section between locators (it has a key command too). 2. command - c: copies a region. move the playhead to where you'd like to paste it. Make sure you are on the same track command - V: pastes region 3. You can also use Edit > Cut/Insert time > Splice: Insert snipped region at head (but this creates a gap in the arrangement). I think command - R would be better for what you want though? It's just an extra key press: Command - R and then the enter/return key to confirm. Cheers Rounik
  • Christian L
    You can also check the "Loop" box the in the Inspector or hit "L" (the default key command for "loop"). This will loop the region until it encounters another region or untill the end of the song. I'm curious, how is the "repeat" function of Cubase different from the one in Logic ? Thanks!
  • mtec
    Thanks guys for all ur tips. The Apple D key command in cubase is the command for Duplicate,it duplicates the part or parts selected, one after the other. The repeat function in Cubase is similar to the one in Logic where a box appears and u type in the number of copies u want.
  • Christian L
    [quote:30022]The repeat function in Cubase is similar to the one in Logic where a box appears and u type in the number of copies u want.[/quote] You seem to prefer the way Cubase handle dulicate. Is there any difference between the [i]duplicate[/i] function of Cubase and the [i]repeat[/i] and [i]loop[/i] commands of Logic ?
  • mtec
    In Logic the repeat loop duplicates everything contained in the loop,with Cubase u can select just one part or many parts regardless of setting a loop and just duplicate them. I still think Logic is a wicked program. In an ideal world both companies would have joined forces and made the best DAW on the planet. but hey its not an ideal world. thanks for ur help.
  • Christian L
    [quote:30022](...)with Cubase u can select just one part or many parts regardless of setting a loop and just duplicate them.(...)[/quote] Hi again! I just wanted to make sure that you know that it's possible to repeat multiple regions in Logic too. Just select the regions and use the "repeat"key command... or option-drag the regions.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: