macProVideo.com
Forums
  • guitarbloke
    6/8 in ultrabeat
    Hi, How do i make 6/8 beats in ultrabeat? And does anyone know if ultrabeat is the same in express8 as logic 8? Thinking of buying the ultrabeat video but the interface on the demo tutorial looks different to mine (express 8) cheers Rob
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: 6/8 in ultrabeat
    Hi Rob I don't usually work in 6/8 but for 3/4 i usually just change the length & resolution values. Ultrabeat in Logic pro and express 8 are the same. The interface differences you are seeing are between logic 7 and logic 8. They are pretty minimal differences. All these additions are thoroughly explored in the Ultrabeat Unleashed Video. It's a great tutorial, really! Cheers Rounik
  • Christian L
    To record a pattern in 6/8, select different "length" and "resolution" values. (for example length = 24 and resolution = 1 /8). It depends on the length of the pattern and resolution you want. Part of the tutorials are from Logic 7... that's why the interface is different sometimes.
  • Christian L
    Wow! You beat me by a few sec, Rounik! :-)
  • Rounik Admin
    LOL! You can have the next one ;-)
  • guitarbloke
    thanks lads i will see how i go with that advice. p.s. is ultrabeat unleashed going to be updated so the interface is the same as mine? ( im probably being a bit fussy eh)? cheers Rob
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Rob The Chapters that deal with the additions to UB in Logic 8 have been updated, e.g. the "Full view" mode and the "Step Mode" etc. Everything else applies to Logic 7 and 8 users of UltraBeat. The only difference in appearance that might seem very different is the actual plug-in window border. Apart from that it's all the same. :)
  • guitarbloke
    Im getting the principle but having trouble with the maths. could you tell me what resolution & length to use for 6/8?
  • Christian L
    Sure! Here's a screenshot of a very simple 6/8 pattern in Full View. The pattern is 4 bars. [url]http://img505.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ultrabeat68patternhv0.png[/url] If you need to enter sixteenth notes, you'll have to change the resolution to 1/16. This way each step will be a 1/16 note, but the pattern will only be 2 bars.
  • guitarbloke
    thanks fellas. not that hard after all. think ill get the video if i can find where to get it ! tried to access it from my acoount but its not listed? (thought i might get a discount that way). Thanks again Rob
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: