macProVideo.com
Forums
  • silly mistakes
    assign problems
    hey guys,I am new to this forum and have a few questions you might help me with,I have just purchased an m-audio pro88 keyboard, my problem is that when I try to assign knobs and sliders to pluggin parrameters in Logic, its having communication difficulty. I am using logic 7.0.1 at the moment but have hooked the pro88 up to logic studio 8 (as i am due to upgrade) and it has the same problems,Logic has a "learn" system which I followed closely and sometimes, some of the parrameters will assign and the rest wont ,i.e. if i ask it to learn 5 or 6, it might learn 2 or 3, and one parrameter might stagger which hints me towards a driver problem,but pro88 is class complient- I am fairly new to midi but have asked people in the know, but to no avail. The disc that accompanies the keyboard with Logic presets also doesnt comply. when I follow the instructions to import the .lso file, it shows up greyed out. I do how ever know that the keyboard itself is not damaged as it works perfect with abbleton live. My opperating system is os x tiger on a mac pro quad with 3 gig ram and I havnt had any problems apart from this so far. I would really appreciate your expertise on this matter as its very important to my work that I sort this asap, thanks for your time.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: assign problems
    hi what version of tiger are you running? also, what happens when it's successful and when it's not? Have you tried deleting your existing assignments and starting from scratch? Do save/copy the key commands file before doing so!
  • silly mistakes
    Re: assign problems
    cheers for replying mate, will have to get back to u this evening on what version of tiger it is. On ther other side,when i have learn-mode on in logic, i click on the the parameter i want to assign, then turn a pot, then another parameter, then a slider and so on untill u are finished. but only one or two(if any) will assign. if a parameter or a pot is already assigned, a pop up box will ask do i want to re-assign and if i enter yes it still doesnt.i have deleted all assignments by restroring factory settings on pro88, but the same shite,there was an occasion where after assigning 3 parameters, one assinged no problem, one didnt,and the last one was strange in that when i moved the slider up and down , the corresponding slider on screen nudged(staggered) its way up everytime i went a full up and down on the pro88 slider!?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: